Luck is gone

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

Went to Clearwater Beach and it must have been picked clean - found 6 pennies in the shallow water and dry sand and hardley even any bottle caps or tabs!!!!

I spent nearly half an hour trying to dig up something that kept beeping yellow and green by a group of rocks - but got nowhere - called my son over and he told me that is what was called a "hot rock". I wanted to know why none of the other hundred rocks beeped and was convinced there must be a necklace wrapped around the base of it or something.

- I kept checking to see if my detector was working - it definitely was - but no beeps anywhere else. Worn out and sad. :tard: :'(

But will be ready for another day.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the bling less days that keeps us coming back. The luck will change..........

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You area has all kinds of beaches, try some of the smaller less crowed ones, they tend to be hunted less and sometimes the finds will be better even though there is less people.

I know just based on the recent posts by several members although it's a huge beach it also appears that it being hunted very heavy... Good Luck!

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Thank you Sandman and FloridaBill for your advice. I am pretty new to this and have been trying all the beaches that I can which makes it a new adventure each time.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fldaphne said:

Went to Clearwater Beach and it must have been picked clean - found 6 pennies in the shallow water and dry sand and hardley even any bottle caps or tabs!!!!

I spent nearly half an hour trying to dig up something that kept beeping yellow and green by a group of rocks - but got nowhere - called my son over and he told me that is what was called a "hot rock". I wanted to know why none of the other hundred rocks beeped and was convinced there must be a necklace wrapped around the base of it or something.

- I kept checking to see if my detector was working - it definitely was - but no beeps anywhere else. Worn out and sad. :tard: :'(

But will be ready for another day.
That beach gets hunted hard morning, noon and night. I'm down there every Monday.

BTW I apologize for the hot rocks, I thought I got them all :icon_jokercolor:

It's funny that you checked to see if your detector was working. A few months ago while I was down there, one of the "veterans" asked to borrow a coin to test his detector. He told me he just hunted about 100 yards of beach and didn't get a single hit. It happens.

You'll get'em next time.
Good luck and HH

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can read, Clearwater is getting hammered although you can never tell what may be left there on any day.

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
I have been worn out and sad on several occasions and just when I think my luck has run out I nail
something good and the smile returns to my face so don't give up I never do and never will - unless my arm falls off then I'll use my left arm - Cavedweller

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out there last night for the same experience. Between the 2 of us just made $2. Theres also a good amount of concrete dumped there from the old pier and from the jetty and torn down hotels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread