Lucky pulltab

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Remember the pulltab I found yesterday that had an "M" stamped in it?

Luckypulltab110408.jpg

Well it was suggested that I should keep it for a lucky charm so this morning when I went out I put it in my pocket. I was going to put it on a chain but I don't have one so I just put it in my pocket. Off I went to the park. I usually don't find a lot at this park but this morning I did pretty darn good. I got the usual, pulltabs, tinfoil, can slaw, nail, fence pieces, zipper pull, snap etc etc

Junk110508.jpg

I found a lot of pennies. Now I am talking about a lot for me - I know some you you guys would blow me away with the amounts that you find in one hunt but for me... I did well. I even managed to get my goal of 4 quarters! I ended up with a total of $2.04 in clad. AND that included one "wheatie" Yippee!

Money110508.jpg

BUT THAT IS NOT ALL! I found a ring. Almost right off the bat. It was under one of the swings and sure looked pretty when I picked it up but alas.... it is just a cheap kids ring. Not a diamond, not gold and not even silver. Well who cares? It is pretty and it's a ring.

Ring110508.jpg

So my total for this morning is - $2.04 in clad, a ring and a great time. I'll take it! :wink:

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Woooohooooo! I need to find me a lucky pulltab! That thing worked pretty durn good for ya! ;D Cheap or not, that is a mighty pretty ring and deserves a happy dance!! ~happy dance~ Get yourself a chain for your lucky PT necklace and keep it close by!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I don't have a chain but you know what would be great? One of those chains that the G.I.'s used to have for their dog tags. Now that is the kind of chain I would like. Wonder where I could get one of those? I haven't seen them in years!

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
WTG :thumbsup: A ring is a ring in my book ;D What 's the date on the wheatie ?

Acevillav

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
mumszie said:
I don't have a chain but you know what would be great? One of those chains that the G.I.'s used to have for their dog tags. Now that is the kind of chain I would like. Wonder where I could get one of those? I haven't seen them in years!

I just happen to have one....pm me your address and I would be glad to send it to ya! :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
those gi "dog tag" chains were simple bead chain (use by plumbers to connect the handle to the flapper in a toliet)-- you most likely can find it at any headware store -- they used a clip into device that the chain ball ends smapped into to hold the ends together (cheap too)-- Ivan

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I tell you, now look what you found? Bringing good luck already, next find will be even better...real gold!!

:wink: RR

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"M" pulltab is a Mickey's BigMouth........if I can remember right ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread