Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
These folks would like to post a pic of your find: BIVENS / LUMBER COMPANY / TALLY, TEXAS / TIME STATEMENT / GOOD FOR 50C / NOT / TRANSFERABLE (TC-131323) Tally, Texas (Harrison County), U.S.A.

Easy instructions to contribute are found here: Contribute Instructions

The American Lumberman reported a Bivins Lumber Company sawmill at “Tally,” Harrison County, in 1906, and that it had a logging railroad and an electric light plant with 150 lights. The Handbook of Texas notes that “Tallys, Texas, in southwestern Harrison County,” had been established by 1884 as a stop on the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railroad. By 1930, only scattered homes were in the area.

Don.....

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
would like to ask what wording you can make out on the token.

I suspect (could be wrong) this could be trantow catalog TX3409 unlisted A50; I suspect this because the tokencatalog listing is cardboard orange. and blank on the reverse, as is the B series in Trantow.

Trantow A10 listing reads bivens lumber /co./tally, tex.//good for/10¢/in.merchandise/not transferable. the // indicates start of reverse end of obverse detai.
(I suspect your 50¢ reads the same detail.)

so, comparing your token to see if reads company or co. would be good place to start. note it's not blank on the reverse.
I have the 10¢ and a poor condition 5¢ if you want to see to help compare.... I may have the cdbd B series but may have sold them, as I don't collect the cardboard tokens.

to bad the condition, but still of interest when you don't have one.

mike w.

Last edited:
OP
OP
etex

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is like the 10 cent aluminum one listed in the token catalog except is for 50 cents, doesn't say time statement like the cardboard ones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread