Lunch hour hunt TREASURES ~ 1899 Indian ~ 1944 Merc

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
You might remember reading a post of mine last week when I dug a 1944 Walking Liberty Half during my lunch break. . . . . . . . today I went detecting after we ate our lunch for about a half hour. The first thing I dug was a 1912 Wheat cent, then a 1941 Wheat cent, then a 1899 Indian Head cent! The first three targets were old copper coins! After that I moved down the road a little to a different area ~ first target there was a 1944-S Mercury dime! I dug a few clad dimes and some memorial cents . . and then had to go back to work.

Thanks for looking!

Neil

Attachments

• August7-2008merc1944S.jpg
    August7-2008merc1944S.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 345
  • August7-2008IHC1899.jpg
    August7-2008IHC1899.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0
Where on earth do you work? out in the country? nice finds oddcoins :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice going on the coins :thumbsup:

You've discovered a sweet spot!! Forget about lunch..take the whole hour and hunt that place every day, then have a quick sandwich on the way back to work ;D

Nat

Great way to spend lunch, nice work and nice coins! Lets see what you can do in a full day there!

Man, Neil, you have time to eat lunch then go detecting? You're living right, I'd say!! ::)

Congrats on continuing to score those oldies!!

A short hunt is always better than no hunt! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Budddddy you are on fire better carry a fire extinguisure with you congrats nice coins see ya @ the meeting HH RonC :icon_pirat:

I don't believe it Neil......I don't believe you waste 30 minutes eating lunch!

Keep safe...

Keith

Gee, all I got at lunch was heartburn!! Should've went detecting instead of eating that healthy fast food. ;D :thumbsup:

Well, you did it again...... congrats on the IH, wheats and the silver. :thumbsup:
How did the other one turn out? You may need to go metal detecting for 8 hours and work for the lunch hour. Where could a person find a job like that? See ya at the meeting or this weekend. Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Captn_SE said:
Man, Neil, you have time to eat lunch then go detecting? You're living right, I'd say!! ::)

Congrats on continuing to score those oldies!!

A short hunt is always better than no hunt! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Hi Dan ~ THANKS!!

I usually don't take too long of a lunch break but when we go downtown for lunch I load up the detector and hope to have some time to hunt! Sometimes it works out, but sometimes I don't have enough time. Little time is better than no time!

Later!
Neil

Those are some good looking coins OC.
A great hunt my friend :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

burrito wednesday is going to take on a whole new meaning i wanna go cant find any place to go here i did try to find a aunts dentures in her rassberry patch no luck shell got a big laugh out of that one kip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back