OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has created a website where he has cured a disease called Morgellon's, but he says his "cure" for mogellons works on MRSA and Lymes. Morgellons is a horrific disease, where you feel like there is a colony of bugs inside your skin and they are biting you all the time. Mainstream medicine doesn't believe it exists and thus gives the patients anti-psychotic drugs. Check out his site: CAN MORGELLONS DISEASE BE CURED? - How I Cured Morgellons - he currently doesn't sell anything on the site and he has a protocol listed there and he says there are over 200 people who have been cured using his protocol. If you are a mogellon's sufferer, he will call you and coach you through your recover and he asks nothing in return. He has been helping people all over the world for over 3 years now. The problem is his time is being taken up by more and more people and in the near future, he has been threatening to start charging for his time. His web traffic is growing exponentially, as he is the only person in the world who has a cure for morgellons and MRSA. I'd give it a try, the protocol doesn't cost that much- maybe $100 a month, and for Morgellons, it usually takes 18 months to get rid of it. I'm not sure if Lymes is longer or shorter recovery. Someone may want to contact him to see what he says. He is a good guy, and he doesn't realize it, but he is changing the world- one person at a time. My hat is off to him.
Thanks for the info, will check on it, could turn out positive for him.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate hiking into my mining claim this time of year. It is off the middle fork of the yuba and the hillside I hike in on is thick in ticks. I mean thick. One day I was taking it easy hiking in and as I was walking up the trail, I was wondering where all the ticks came from. I looked down and (literally) on each blade of grass there were at least 10 ticks. ON EACH BLADE OF GRASS. and they were all sitting there with there "arms" open expecting to cling on to something. This time of year, I only wear light colored clothing when hiking in and, literally every 150 feet or so we hike, I stop and flick 20 or 30 ticks off my pant legs- every 150 feet. That lifeform is so disgusting. In all the years I have gone in there, I haven't had one actually bite me and stay attached. I had one start to bite me, but I felt him biting on the side of my face, and I flicked him off. So far no lymes and I hope it never happens, but I must stay vigilant when we walk in. Usually, I try to weed eat in late spring so we don't have to deal with them. With that many ticks on the trail, there must be literally billions of them on that hillside alone. ugh....

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I HAVE SENT EACH OF YOU A P.M. IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT HEALING YOUR/FRIEDS ISSUE THEN READ IT. PLEASE DON'T REPOST AS I INCLUDED VERY PERSONAL INFO.

mapsiam

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
I got Lyme the first time 6 years ago with a "relaps" ( once you have it you will always test positive) about a year later. I lived in South central PA at the time and now in the eastern panhandle of West by god, which are both in. "Hot zone" that runs down the east coast. Lyme is one of the most under/undiagnosed diseases in that the symptoms could be soooo many other things and most doctors just don't think to test. I had one co worker who went 2 years before she finally had a doctor test her. Until then she was told.... Depression, fiber myalgia, and even was told it was all in her head!! I got lucky in that I got nice big bulls-eyes so I knew right away what my problem was which is lucky since my other symptoms didn't meet those of "typical Lyme disease" but on bright side after treatment with dicyclone (bad spelling lol) I was WAY better watch out though when they say stay out of direct sunlight 🌞while on it, THEY MEAN IT! Lol you will burn in 10 minutes flat! 😡

My doctor describes Lyme and what it can do to someone as " syphilis.... only not sexually transmitted and your not contagious" lol in that it can cause muscular issues, blindness, it can it can if left untreated can turn your brain to Swiss cheese.....

I hate ticks!!!! 👿Especially itty bitty one you will prob. Never even see or feel!

But they won't stop me for going out an playing in the woods!! 🌳I just wish I could be like my dog and just get a shot every year or put stuff down the middle of my back and be done with it 😁

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate hiking into my mining claim this time of year. It is off the middle fork of the yuba and the hillside I hike in on is thick in ticks. I mean thick. One day I was taking it easy hiking in and as I was walking up the trail, I was wondering where all the ticks came from. I looked down and (literally) on each blade of grass there were at least 10 ticks. ON EACH BLADE OF GRASS. and they were all sitting there with there "arms" open expecting to cling on to something. This time of year, I only wear light colored clothing when hiking in and, literally every 150 feet or so we hike, I stop and flick 20 or 30 ticks off my pant legs- every 150 feet. That lifeform is so disgusting. In all the years I have gone in there, I haven't had one actually bite me and stay attached. I had one start to bite me, but I felt him biting on the side of my face, and I flicked him off. So far no lymes and I hope it never happens, but I must stay vigilant when we walk in. Usually, I try to weed eat in late spring so we don't have to deal with them. With that many ticks on the trail, there must be literally billions of them on that hillside alone. ugh....
DAM minerrick, I'd be gettin some of those white/light weight cheap coveralls with the elastics on the wrist and ankles.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE SENT EACH OF YOU A P.M. IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT HEALING YOUR/FRIEDS ISSUE THEN READ IT. PLEASE DON'T REPOST AS I INCLUDED VERY PERSONAL INFO.

No problem LinkHylian, Thanks!

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got Lyme the first time 6 years ago with a "relaps" ( once you have it you will always test positive) about a year later. I lived in South central PA at the time and now in the eastern panhandle of West by god, which are both in. "Hot zone" that runs down the east coast. Lyme is one of the most under/undiagnosed diseases in that the symptoms could be soooo many other things and most doctors just don't think to test. I had one co worker who went 2 years before she finally had a doctor test her. Until then she was told.... Depression, fiber myalgia, and even was told it was all in her head!! I got lucky in that I got nice big bulls-eyes so I knew right away what my problem was which is lucky since my other symptoms didn't meet those of "typical Lyme disease" but on bright side after treatment with dicyclone (bad spelling lol) I was WAY better watch out though when they say stay out of direct sunlight ��while on it, THEY MEAN IT! Lol you will burn in 10 minutes flat! ��

My doctor describes Lyme and what it can do to someone as " syphilis.... only not sexually transmitted and your not contagious" lol in that it can cause muscular issues, blindness, it can it can if left untreated can turn your brain to Swiss cheese.....

I hate ticks!!!! ��Especially itty bitty one you will prob. Never even see or feel!

But they won't stop me for going out an playing in the woods!! ��I just wish I could be like my dog and just get a shot every year or put stuff down the middle of my back and be done with it ��
Thanks for the info mapsiam!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I can say too prevent tick bites is by using tick repellent and checking out maps of known lyme disease areas.. I do relic hunt in the spring and summer but I will only dig out a hut site or two in a day and stay in that one spot and not walk around the whole woods or I will just a hunt a field that is not high in grass or just a grassy area and hunt it but try too stay away from higher grass, swampy/marsh type areas and thickets.

Also I have noticed that ticks tend too number up alot on animal trails too it sounds funny but it also makes sense so if you are walking on a deer trail you are likely too pick up a tick then if you were 30 or so yards from that trail.

I have been bitten by ticks at least 30 or more times and even deer ticks and have yet too catch lyme normally 80% of the time I get them off within the first 12-24 hours but I have had some stay on me and not notice then pull them off and it leaves a big red itch mark and you get all worried if it is a bulleye rash then 2-3 days later it heals up.

But since using tick repellent and wearing long pants and cool long sleeve shirt and hat with it sprayed on there I have not picked up but maybe a handful of ticks on my skin in at least 10 years or so of using the repellent during the warm months. This is why relic hunting in colder weather is awesome the colder (not 15 degrees or below cold) the better no poison ivy, ticks, snakes or anything too mess with just you and a bunch of trees and the birds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I can say too prevent tick bites is by using tick repellent and checking out maps of known lyme disease areas.. I do relic hunt in the spring and summer but I will only dig out a hut site or two in a day and stay in that one spot and not walk around the whole woods or I will just a hunt a field that is not high in grass or just a grassy area and hunt it but try too stay away from higher grass, swampy/marsh type areas and thickets.

Also I have noticed that ticks tend too number up alot on animal trails too it sounds funny but it also makes sense so if you are walking on a deer trail you are likely too pick up a tick then if you were 30 or so yards from that trail.

I have been bitten by ticks at least 30 or more times and even deer ticks and have yet too catch lyme normally 80% of the time I get them off within the first 12-24 hours but I have had some stay on me and not notice then pull them off and it leaves a big red itch mark and you get all worried if it is a bulleye rash then 2-3 days later it heals up.

But since using tick repellent and wearing long pants and cool long sleeve shirt and hat with it sprayed on there I have not picked up but maybe a handful of ticks on my skin in at least 10 years or so of using the repellent during the warm months. This is why relic hunting in colder weather is awesome the colder (not 15 degrees or below cold) the better no poison ivy, ticks, snakes or anything too mess with just you and a bunch of trees and the birds.
Thanks for sharing HSD.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a vaccine for Lyme Disease now. My Uncle got vaccinated, and found out later there can be some serious side effects to the vaccine. He's ok, but concerned.

The first time I was bitten, we were in south central Pa. camping, I felt a little something on my back 2 days later, and it was a tick. My wife saved it, and had her boss, a doctor look at it. He said nothing to worry about, I had no symptoms, no red ring, but the wife insisted I get checked by my Doc.

He said "I'm 100 percent sure you don't have it, nothing to worry about". Still not good enough for Jenny, she works at our county health department, and she sent the tick to the Center for Disease Control.

2 days later I get a call from a very well informed CDC employee that said the tick is the rarely seen adult female, larger than most, but a known carrier, from a known infested area, and was on for longer than 48 hrs, get treatment immediately.

She said only 40% of victims get the bulls eye rash, symptoms take a minimum of 30 days to show, and may not show until a year later.

It shows what your average Doctor knows about the disease. I took the anti-biotics, and haven't had any symptoms.

I went back a year later, took the same little hike, sprayed down with repellent, came home and found the same tick, in the same spot, back of my neck, and took the same anti-biotics. I guess I'm a slow learner.:tongue3:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rich story Gold Maven, hopefully there's no 3rd times a charm next time you go back there.

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little bit of research about ticks and the ticks on the west coast apparently don't spread the lymes as quickly- apparently they can be in you for more than 24 hours before you may get the disease. The soft shell east coast ticks are apparently different. Apparently even the bite can be a problem. What is it with the east coast (black flies, ticks and all sorts of biting insects)??? All I have to deal with at my claim is ticks, rattlesnakes, poison oak and pissed off bees. It's always a challenge

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a vaccine for Lyme Disease now. My Uncle got vaccinated, and found out later there can be some serious side effects to the vaccine. He's ok, but concerned.

The first time I was bitten, we were in south central Pa. camping, I felt a little something on my back 2 days later, and it was a tick. My wife saved it, and had her boss, a doctor look at it. He said nothing to worry about, I had no symptoms, no red ring, but the wife insisted I get checked by my Doc.

He said "I'm 100 percent sure you don't have it, nothing to worry about". Still not good enough for Jenny, she works at our county health department, and she sent the tick to the Center for Disease Control.

2 days later I get a call from a very well informed CDC employee that said the tick is the rarely seen adult female, larger than most, but a known carrier, from a known infested area, and was on for longer than 48 hrs, get treatment immediately.

She said only 40% of victims get the bulls eye rash, symptoms take a minimum of 30 days to show, and may not show until a year later.

It shows what your average Doctor knows about the disease. I took the anti-biotics, and haven't had any symptoms.

I went back a year later, took the same little hike, sprayed down with repellent, came home and found the same tick, in the same spot, back of my neck, and took the same anti-biotics. I guess I'm a slow learner.:tongue3:
What are the odds on that!! Thanks for sharing Gold Maven.

mapsiam

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
My family seems to be a tick born illness magnet lol my sister got Rocky Mountain spotted fever when we were kids. (Had a tick in her belly button and they couldn't get it out properly because of how he had gotten in soooo far and must have squished him)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a little bit of research about ticks and the ticks on the west coast apparently don't spread the lymes as quickly- apparently they can be in you for more than 24 hours before you may get the disease. The soft shell east coast ticks are apparently different. Apparently even the bite can be a problem. What is it with the east coast (black flies, ticks and all sorts of biting insects)??? All I have to deal with at my claim is ticks, rattlesnakes, poison oak and pissed off bees. It's always a challenge
Yes, precaution...and...caution.. can be life-changing and 'life-saving'!!
Take Care in our Great Outdoors. ;)

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A regular MD isn't good enough, he needs to find what they call a LDL MD I believe, it stands for Lyme Disease Literate. It can be extremely difficult to get rid of. Naturopath can also help, there are so many natural antibiotics that are more effective than what's on the market, due to bacterial resistance.

I think it's the die off symptoms of the bacteria that makes it so terrible for the patient during treatment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions