goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok... they said that this app would allow me to upload pictures and hang me of I can figure out just how you do it. Anyone else using the android version of the app here? Can anyone tell a thick headed Irishman how to do this so called simple thing? I've got some pictures I'd like to post to satisfy certain individuals here.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Never mind I found it! Here are a couple of pics as a test.
The basic camp setup.
The now infamous river rock layer that didn't pan out.

Attachments

• 1430669513323.jpg
    1430669513323.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 1430669579747.jpg
    1430669579747.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 120

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That river rock layer looks pretty good; too bad it didn't pan out. :(

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah but it's not like I didn't test it from one end to the other and top to bottom. It had indeed looked sweet but like some women that look sweet, it was a lot of work for no return.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in Kingman for a couple of days while I restock o, beans and bullets. Had to replace my power inverter as well to the tune of $70 which could have gone towards other things.
I've been reworking the load out on the truck and trailer to low me,to haul 100 gallons of processing water since I don't know,of there is going to be water available like at the last spot. I'm also,having to haul all the,drinking water for the month since I won't have my "water angels" from Wikiup,out there with me. Going to spend one more night here then head out to Gold Basin which is,a,much shorter haul,from the ranch in north kingman.
I dont know of there is oing to be cell service in the new area yet. If not, I'll come up for air from time to time to check in.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff I drove through Kingman yesterday on my way home from spending four days with my brother. Got caught in a storm that at times was dumping lots of rain. Saw lots of good looking land from Kingman to Wickenburg.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. We got,dumped on both here at the ranch and where I was working about 9 miles north of Wikiup. Lots of good areas along 93 but some of those areas are a real pita to access. I did,learn the area pretty well over the last two months and later I'll share some of them,with you.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well out in the Gold Basin area now and I've got better cell reception here than at the last place. I got a late start today and am still looking for a good camp site. Looking like I'll be sleeping in the cab of the truck and getting camp setup tomorrow. Driving for the most part should be .much easier due to a lack of Sandy washes in this area. I did have to unstuck the truck an trailer at one poi,t bit didn't have to call out the reserves. Little shovel work did the trick. Hauling about 850 pounds of water in the trailer was the only reason I got stuck at all. Well... that and some Yahoo running part of the road down a wash. Heavy load on skinny tires in sand is not a good idea.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually it's just a couple inches shy of 8'. Turns out that "Mule" is a rare model. One ton rating, 4 cylinder EFI with an automatic. It needs a little talc but is a great truck.

On another note, I've moved to a different location that is about 30 miles north of Kingman. The area I started out in just wasn't showing me I could make wage there. I've done several samples already mad one of them was great. I got approximately 1/10 gram of gold out of two buckets. One piece was wrapped around a small piece of either aquamarine or low grade turquoise. Small but really nice looking.

The wind has turned out to be my worst problem out here. This morning it started blowing bad and it splintered one of the tent poles beyond repair in the field. I'm thinking of replacing the poles with carbon fiber that I can get through my connections for model airplane materials. The epoxy / glass one that came with the tent just don't have the strength needed for the winds out here. I do have another tent that I can use in the meantime but it's going to mean being a little cramped.

Still the gold I'm finding since I moved is nice and if testing keeps up like this I may be filing on this little piece of ground soon.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually it's just a couple inches shy of 8'. Turns out that "Mule" is a rare model. One ton rating, 4 cylinder EFI with an automatic. It needs a little talc but is a great truck.

On another note, I've moved to a different location that is about 30 miles north of Kingman. The area I started out in just wasn't showing me I could make wage there. I've done several samples already mad one of them was great. I got approximately 1/10 gram of gold out of two buckets. One piece was wrapped around a small piece of either aquamarine or low grade turquoise. Small but really nice looking.

The wind has turned out to be my worst problem out here. This morning it started blowing bad and it splintered one of the tent poles beyond repair in the field. I'm thinking of replacing the poles with carbon fiber that I can get through my connections for model airplane materials. The epoxy / glass one that came with the tent just don't have the strength needed for the winds out here. I do have another tent that I can use in the meantime but it's going to mean being a little cramped.

Still the gold I'm finding since I moved is nice and if testing keeps up like this I may be filing on this little piece of ground soon.

Really good to hear you are doing much better gold-wise and may file. That is good news. The tent, OTOH, is not.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At some point, a travel trailer seems the sensible option :)

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
True enough Kevin bit not until I've got claims filed and P.O.O. approved. Till then I've got to be mobile and be able to haul what I need to locate areas worth claiming. I'm going to be following the rules to the letter because I don't want to get on the local BLM reps bad side. Not a good idea to say the least.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
True enough Kevin bit not until I've got claims filed and P.O.O. approved. Till then I've got to be mobile and be able to haul what I need to locate areas worth claiming. I'm going to be following the rules to the letter because I don't want to get on the local BLM reps bad side. Not a good idea to say the least.

How big of an op you planning? If you feel its big...file a NOI and let them decide if you need a POO. And your still on their good side. POO always lead to PISSED OFF OWNERS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions