Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,

Been sick all week and finally got out today with Jeff. We hit a packing store, a new park where they recently tore down an old house, and the old Karhohl Park farm.

The new farm park: It was so new that there was NOTHING around the tot lot equipt...nothing!
DCP_1298.jpg

DCP_1303.jpg

DCP_1304.jpg

For the most part the farm was a dud...but...wait...it turned up my first 1929 Merc Dime and first silver for me this year. It has been a long dry spell with no silver.

DCP_1299.jpg

DCP_1300.jpg

DCP_1301.jpg

DCP_1302.jpg

DCP_1313.jpg

Jeff found a Canadian $1 piece at the packaging store, right after lunch- Surprise! We are a long way from Canada and it was by the parking lot at the packaging store about 4" down. And he finally found his own Chucky Cheesy coin too...lol

DCP_1307.jpg

DCP_1309.jpg

After that we had an hour to kill so we hit Karhole park where I found my 1849 large cent. Usually nothing but trash. Then a penny hit:
My first wheat cent in a long time. Thought they were is some other part of Ohio. The cent was right by the old brick sidewalk leading to the house.

DCP_1317.jpg

They are blocking the entrance to drive deep into the park.
DCP_1306.jpg

Here are all my finds today
DCP_1318.jpg

DCP_1323.jpg

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg big time SKD :thumbsup: :thumbsup: boy you did great... I got one wheatie today too mines a 46.. but glad to see it... big time congrats on all of it... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: Great pics, and story. Congrats. :icon_pirat:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
If there is no silver under yor coil,you are not going to find any.You just need hit older areas that have not been filled.The M6 can do it.I just found my 50th silver coin of this year with my M6 and you can do it too. HH

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Merc. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread