Maby x terra 50?

O

ohannos

Hi all! I am looking for my first detector. since i live where i live (southern sweden) with a lot of old places around me i want a machine that in the first place go deep. So far i have almost only been looking at Minelabs models. I had planned at buying the detector later but found a deal today which i liked. X terra 50(used)for 440 $ which is pretty good here in europe. I got interrested in the x 50 because i had read much positive about the x70 so i wonder if the differences are that big between them. Since i havnt detected before i dont know what i want the machine to do except for example the depth, pinpoint and isolate good targets among trashy ground.
I am planning on hitting farm fields but also pretty much any good location i can get my hands on.
i read somewhere that x 50 didnt make any sound at all on hammered coins which i thought sounded very strange.Coments on that anyone?
So i wonder mostly how great the x50 is in depth and if ther are other things that speak for it.
regards iohannes

Upvote 0

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
The x50 will be a good choice for you. $440 sounds steep when a new one is $550. Minelabs are the best and you will not be disappointed with the depth. As far as the hammered coin not being detected......Something is fishy with that story. If it's metal, it will detect it.

OP
OP
O

ohannos

thank you vondrewvious for your answer. the cheapest new x50 i have seen around here has costed 920 $ so i thought the price was ral god compared to that. have you owned a x50 and could give me an example of depht performance please. Thanks // ohannos

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
The X50 list for 650.00. You can get a new one for 500.00. If you have a dealer near you, walk in and plop down 500.00 and I bet you walk out with it. If not PM me.

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
I actually own the x70 but the depth should be the same. The 50 & 70 are the same vflex techology. I can easily find any coin at 8". 10" to 12" would be possible in the perfect conditions. Is the $440 in us dollars? If so, I would send Tin Nugget a PM and buy one from him. A new machine you will know exactly how it was treated.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I as well own the Xterra 70, but have used the 50 of a friend and found it to be just as deep and stable. I would recommend getting a 6 inch coil for it because it's better for pinpointing. It lives on mine all the time.

OP
OP
O

ohannos

Tin Nugget said:
The X50 list for 650.00. You can get a new one for 500.00. If you have a dealer near you, walk in and plop down 500.00 and I bet you walk out with it. If not PM me.

the thing is that this detector is located in the UK and if i understood it right shipments inside EU are tax free which a US product wouldnt be. I dont know how much i would have to pay in tax though so maby it would pay of to buy a US product. Thanks for helping out!

OP
OP
O

ohannos

vondrewvious said:
I actually own the x70 but the depth should be the same. The 50 & 70 are the same vflex techology. I can easily find any coin at 8". 10" to 12" would be possible in the perfect conditions. Is the $440 in us dollars? If so, I would send Tin Nugget a PM and buy one from him. A new machine you will know exactly how it was treated.

Thanks for the info on the depht. that sounds real good.And yes the price is in US dollars.

TimC (AL) said:
I as well own the Xterra 70, but have used the 50 of a friend and found it to be just as deep and stable. I would recommend getting a 6 inch coil for it because it's better for pinpointing. It lives on mine all the time.

I will remember your advice on the 6 inch coil. Advice like that is real valuable.Am i right or would the the same coil be the best in real trashy ground?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread