Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
..OK i have been buying Carhartt T shirts ... for more years than i can remember............... I still have some from 5 & 4 & 3 years ago some i got last year and a couple i got this year..... They were all made in ........ Honduras or Dominican Republic or Mexico and Malaysia...... And none of those T shirts from those countries not even the older ones shrunk at all... not one bit..........Now this year i found one that was made in the USA sound good............ Well not so good i washed it one time and it shrunk up a lot .... I can not wear it it is to tight......... So now i wonder... Made in the USA might not be that good..........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy, I have the same problem, ever so often my pants shrink....:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mine only shrink in the crotchal area

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
But TH all the years i have been wearing Carhartt i never had any shrink......... Now i think about it it could have been a second i bought... But i got it from a top name dept store........... But i have known those top name Dept stores to sell seconds as firsts before.........

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I'm gonna get it for this....but....untill we have tort reform(sorry dems...gonna leave a mark)and get out of controll union influence under controll,We cant possibly hope to compete in product production.We,like it or not,have to compete globally and the globe is going to continue to kick our butt untill we get a clue.
my 1 1/4 cents....dont have 2 cents anymore.

pat

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My clothes keep shrinking in my closet. Must be the damp weather in western Oregon, because they just keep getting tighter and tighter.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My clothes keep shrinking in my closet. Must be the damp weather in western Oregon, because they just keep getting tighter and tighter.
.. I think it is all that beer & ice cream.... guns2enemies__46728.1356111510.1280.1280.png

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I'm gonna get it for this....but....untill we have tort reform(sorry dems...gonna leave a mark)and get out of controll union influence under controll,We cant possibly hope to compete in product production.We,like it or not,have to compete globally and the globe is going to continue to kick our butt untill we get a clue.
my 1 1/4 cents....dont have 2 cents anymore.

pat
.. If it was not for unions we would be just like China.......... And i am not a Dem or Rep......They are all crooks.....& so are the Torts Is not tort law all crooked attorney's...... Ops that is what we have now......... There is a big sign not far from me that says ... Could someone help me find a honest attorney.... What it means there is none.....

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keppy,
unions have an important place,my comment was on the abuses that have become common.Its not enuf to take the high ground and ignore all else.Perhaps its own thread...could go on and on about unions acting badly at the expense of all else.

the truth is somewhere in the middle....labor representation without labor abuse.Remember the chicago teachers union last fall?Beyond belief.YES union and YES national success...somehow we gotta find common ground.Here in cal.the public service unions are killing the rest of us,amoung others.

Then add in the over regulation of even inert buisnesses in america and its no wonder we are getting wiped out in manufacturing....it couldnt even be any other way.Many unions are not in it for the best interest of anyone but themselves at the cost of all of us...self evident.

also...we will never be just like china...unions or not...we are better than that

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigfoot i don't know we could be like China.......... Our Rep's in washington are sure trying to destroy and tear down this country.....

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigfoot i don't know we could be like China.......... Our Rep's in washington are sure trying to destroy and tear down this country.....

yes....and the unions are their number 1 supporters in real dollars....I guess they like it this way.2nd largest...trial lawyers assn....they must be proud.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
yes....and the unions are their number 1 supporters in real dollars....I guess they like it this way.2nd largest...trial lawyers assn....they must be proud.
... They don't care as long as they get those $$$$$$ to pad there pockets...... It seems like no one cares about any one any more but there selves ..........Politician's... Attorney's ... Doctors ..& Dentist's .... They are all robbing us blind..... And now god it is scary when you have to take your car in for repair...... To get off the subject .... You take your car to a small repair shop that does a big business he charges you $80.00 a hour .. There is only him he gets the whole $80.00.......... Now you go to a dealer he charges you $80.00 a hour but out of that $80.00 he has to pay a... mechanic .. a ..receptionist & a service writer ..plus make his money from that repair........... Does it seem like the small shop is ripping you off........ I always thought about that..... I TOLD YOU I WAS GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT DO YOU OR ANY ONE HAVE A ANSWER FOR ME.....

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the answer is this kepster,
If we allow it....it will happen...period.I just had my car worked on im my little town....by a supposed friend at his shop.He called and asked if he could keep it overnight because it was getting late.I said ok I would pick it up in a.m.
The next mourning I noticed on the bill that he hit me for 100.00 per hour...AND(you wont believe this)52.00 sublet fee.RENT for the parking space overnight.

I let him have it with my disgust and he,"graciously"removed the rent.I will make it a point to never do buisness with him again and never recomend him to anybody.

Without accountability...this is what we get.Sure would like to see some accountability in D.C. by BOTH sides.Those who are too lazy to really study the problem and mindlessly blame only one side are in part to blame.Its just too convienient.People dont like to admit when they are wrong and instead blame,"the other side"for all ills.
the truth is the whole lot of em are unaccountable to anyone....and this is what we get.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
the answer is this kepster,
If we allow it....it will happen...period.I just had my car worked on im my little town....by a supposed friend at his shop.He called and asked if he could keep it overnight because it was getting late.I said ok I would pick it up in a.m.
The next mourning I noticed on the bill that he hit me for 100.00 per hour...AND(you wont believe this)52.00 sublet fee.RENT for the parking space overnight.

I let him have it with my disgust and he,"graciously"removed the rent.I will make it a point to never do buisness with him again and never recomend him to anybody.

Without accountability...this is what we get.Sure would like to see some accountability in D.C. by BOTH sides.Those who are too lazy to really study the problem and mindlessly blame only one side are in part to blame.Its just too convienient.People dont like to admit when they are wrong and instead blame,"the other side"for all ills.
the truth is the whole lot of em are unaccountable to anyone....and this is what we get.
........ You see when it comes to money friendship is out the window............ I have some inlaws that are very well to do...... And when they go most places every one just falls all over them just loves them.................. It gets sicking ... They think every one just loves them..... It is not them it is there money every one loves ....... I don't know if they really understands that.... I hope they do........ So you see money first friendship second.................

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To start off your right Kep this is off topic but I'm sorry I couldn't help but "butt in if you will". Background is probably necessary, I was a union carpenter for 32 years, lived in a small town and knew if I was going to give my kids a better chance in life they needed a good education etc. Joined the union, worked my butt off and did just that. Sure I retired at 57 and get based all the time from others in the construction trade that claim they will have to work the rest of their lives because they choose a different road in life. Many forget what it was like or why the unions even came about. Many claim the unions are the fault of many issues today. I for one disagree but will not argue with those who have a different opinion. What I saw and continue to see is this. Union wages are a barometer for the wages of the non union around here. Simply question if it weren't for the unions what would the barometer be. I've heard all the talk about the bad things the unions do. Big foot maybe you could elaborate on these things to better understand your point. What I have seen over my career is three economic cycles and each time this union blame game seems to be the dominate argument for some. China can undermine and undercut our manufacturing, distributing etc. because they pay their workers squat. So to compete we should not have unions to demand good wages, benefits, and safe working environments? Or help set a living wage for those who choose a non union road but charge darn near what the union wage is (BF is your mechanic union $100/hr) Kinda high I think it's about $45 to $50 around me for independents.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunter,
I am not anti union,both my little sisters are teachers union.My mom...phone company.I'm anti union abuses.
Example;at the port of long beach after a long fight with the union computer container tracking systems were installed.to appease the union it was agreed that the personel who manually account for the containers would not be reassigned,they would continue.There is no system for accepting their info on containers.It was reported on the news that there is no way to account for any of them doing anything.Ave salary...108,000.00pr yr.We all pay for that.A couple other examples and debates.
Commentary: Public Backlash Against Union Abuses Finally Taking Shape | The Pelican Post
http://www.nrtw.org/media/GovernmentRegulation2.pdf
Are Teachers' Unions the Problem or the Solution? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

just a couple examples found in a couple minutes.As I said....the truth is in the middle....yes labor...no stupid abuse that hurts us all.
I suppose it will not change anytime soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread