All Treasure Hunting

mtruxfan

May 5, 2013
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
BH QD2, Sea Hunter Mark 2, ACE 350, Garret ProPointer, SS Long Handle scoop
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in northeast Tn, i dont know where youre vacationing but i can tell you that you cant hunt state parks, national parks, such as the smoky national park, or ANY TVA land. Most city parks, schools, ball fields are free game. If youre in the Pigeon Forge area id ask just to make sure you get to take your MD home with you. Hope that helps some and have a great vacation.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I would try in plowed fields you see right now and ask permission. Be polite and they might let you. Keep your eyes peeled for arrowheads as well. Ask if there was an old home site. Knoxville saw some CW action and many soldiers returned back home so you never know what will turn up. Also many people fought in the Rev and the Indian wars so relics are there. Just ask permission please and you might end up being fed and invited back.
Enjoy your vacation and please post back on how it went.
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
shadowcat1971

shadowcat1971

May 5, 2012
Northern MN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT E series with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I'm in Pidgeon Forge, thanks for the info to everyone! Hope I can get out today! Looks like a great day!

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck there shadow,, there is alot of history and old houses around there,, i live about a hour and a half further east and have visited PF several times , but never MD there . TNmountains gave some great advice .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread