Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spotted this flopping around the wheel thru glass window of SCANCOIN machine while dumping dimes at the cu. teller opens the machine and hands it to me. it tests real, but first person grinds off "fine silver", does poor job of plating it in gold and likely tried to pass it as 1 oz of gold. that didn't work, so some dope puts it thru a machine that doesn't take large coins and now it's mine. very rewarding dump. IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

Upvote 0

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! I'd take that any day!!!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow - never seen anything like that. What a Piece of Turkeyleg, whomever would try to pass that as gold. WOW!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome, great find! this guy must be a real fool, makes a terrible fake gold coin then forgets it's silver and tosses it in a coin machine. hilarious!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Never seen something like that.

My finds at dumps are pretty much my only finds lately (foreign, small dollar coins, etc.).

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing the guy who made it and the guy who dumped it might not be the same guy. The guy who wound up with it determined that it was not gold but fake, so he dumped it (not realizing he actually had some good silver). Just a guess.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing the guy who made it and the guy who dumped it might not be the same guy. The guy who wound up with it determined that it was not gold but fake, so he dumped it (not realizing he actually had some good silver). Just a guess.

yea you're probably right on that. hopefully he didn't buy it from guy #1!

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my 2nd best score was again a SCANCOIN machine at another branch of cu. did a dump of 4 rolls, $40 in halfs. the machine jams, they open it and $5.17 pours onto the floor. problem solved, so I continue the dump and final count comes up $49.50. walk in with $40 and leave with $54.67, gotta love machine jams, kids and grannies with their coffee cans of loot and dopes who never press "count more" button 5 more times to empty the holding bin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread