Made my first find!!

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White coinmaster 6000/D GEB discrim
Hi all, I went to the beach today (Lake Erie) and made my first find(s).? The detector worked better than expected.? I kept it out of the water though (in my mind, electrical appliances + water = disaster).? I had a great time at the beach, it's been a long time.? Anyway my big finds were; plenty of trash (how can people throw nails & bolts and such on the beach?), and one nickle :o.? Going back after the 4th.

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on that nickle find!!! ;)

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Thanks, lets hope for a hot 4th to bring the folks out to the beach.

P

Parangjim

OHsanman! My first day's finds were awesome! I found about 5 gallons of pull tabs (before poptop cans) and 7 pennies. I went home and bragged about those 7 pennies to all my friends and my (ex) wife. Maybe if I could have come up with a whole nickel she wouldn't be (ex) :D

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
You think that's something, I was kicking up so much sand and water during my celebration I almost lost my trunks :o (of course my wife told me to "SETTLE DOWN!!").? Gota appreciate the first find, no matter how small.

P

Peter Pan

Congrats OHsanman on your find. I have been out twice now and found nothing but trash. I am going out again tommorrow and once again hitting the beachs after the 4 of July fireworks. Hoping to find SOMETHING, even a nickle, to get me started.
Pan Man

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the encouragement Peter Pan & good luck at the beach. I'll be hitting them again on the 5th.

scoutingbear

Jun 28, 2005
OH, what type of machine you using?

I went out last night with a borrowed machine. Mine is in the shop. This machine could not handle the wet sand well so I had to say up in the dry. Got about 100 pull tabs and $1.10 for my troubles.

Can not wait until I get my baby back from the shop.

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Scoutngbear, it's a White's 6000D GEB. I mostly detected the dry sand and around the concession stand. The stand is where I found most of the trash (unbelievable that there are nails and bolts just under the surface of the sand). I detected the wet sand for a while without any problems (fresh water lake) but no finds.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Just getting out to detect is reward enough sometimes

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Is that Headlands beach? I was up there this past Saturday and the place was more crowded than on the 4th. You got me beat though, i only found a penny!!

Dudes

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Hey Dudes, happy to hear from another Ohioan. The beach I usually hunt is in Marblehead. Not a whole lot of people go there but it's nice to get by the water and find a little change. Although, I did find a mans watch (@ $30.00) the next time out. I keep on looking at the water as a possiblity of detecting, but I'm still leary of taking it into the shallows :'(

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
I've had my ACE 250 in the water a few times but it just makes me too nervous, especially at Headlands beach where there is a bit of a quick drop off and loose sand, not to mention the wave action. Just to afraid I'll lose my balance and ruin the whole deal.

Cool deal on the watch, I haven't found anything that valuable yet. Keep it up and keep us posted.

Dudes

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
I haven't been out for about three weeks or so. Had a run in with a broken cut off wheel on a grinder. Needless to say the wheel won and now I have stitches in the hand. Can't wait till the doc takes them out and I'm back at it. Maybe another week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread