Magician Half Coins

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I ain't posted in a while, but I generally go on-line every morning, and of course I hit this site.

Magician coins often are a subject here... the half dollar coins that have been machined out and are hollow. Many say to throw them on a hard surface and they should pop open. Lemme tell all y'all a lil' trick if you have one of these coins...

Take the coin and hold it by it's opposite edges between your thumb and index or middle finger and press hard. The obverse will rise enough to get a fingernail to hook on it. Then you just lift it out. I've found several over the years, and what I do has worked for every one of them. Never found anything inside of one, but I DO always open them.

I've only kept one of them... it is a Ken with a large English penny for the obverse. Just thought it looked cool.

Hope this helps for some of you.
Robin

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. That helped me to open 2 of the 3 magician's coins I was unable to previously. The third I still cannot open, and it does have something inside - I can hear it rattling around in there. Driving me crazy!

I want to find a magicians coin!! Whats the easiest way to tell, a rotated reverse?

I have found 12 of these... one of them has heads on both sides!

If they are hollow, how much space is inside? Enough to put another coin inside it? or a slip of paper? hmmm, I definitely might want to get me a couple of those to play around with. ::goes to amazon to price check:: see ya laters.

-Garoulady

Boy did I just get a good idea. For every silver coin you have, buy a magicians coin. Hide all your silver in clad! that ones a freebie guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back