Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simple solution & fairly cheap too! Hit the thrift stores etc. Grab up a few hard drives that are trashed. They're easy to disassemble. You get two neo magnets per drive. Mount your magnets to a piece of wood cut to fit in a piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe in a row. If you want to get real fancy, heat the PVC until you can flatten one side (the side the magnets are on. You can even use a Tupperware to cover etc. Add a piece of 3/4" PVC for a handle and you're good to go for next to nothing! I've used mine for meteorites, clearing nails, cleaning black sand from dry washer concentrates. You can make this as long as you want or need. Where the hack else are you gonna get an all purpose tool for under $20?

Also, be aware of where you store your stick! And most important!!! Don't walk close to the pickup with it in your cargo shorts pocket. Believe me it's hard to maintain your dignity while trying to pry yourself off the side of the truck!

I agree I work on computers and strip most of the old drives for scrap. most of these maginets from the older full size drives has about 30 to 40lb's of pulling power I use them for feather jigs on my table saw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread