Maiden hunt with the Vaquero

triplehooked

Jul 21, 2010
Elmdale, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Currently back to a Vx3 withe D2 coil ti'l I can save for the V3i. Previous detectors include: Cz3d, CZ20, Vx3, Explorer SE Pro, XLT, MXTx2, Classic ID, Vaquero, Cibola, F2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to make it out for about an hour today with my newly acquired Vaquero. I forgot how sensitive these units are! I had a Cibola last year and have regretted ever selling it. I found four 22 casings varying from 1-6" with no problem. I did get fooled with a "halo" from an old nail at about 7". And I found what I presume is a WWII era Dogtag......very cool. I posted pics under military finds if anyone is interested. I'm very happy with the unit so far. I have meticulously gone over this area in my front yard with both my MXT and a F2, it is encouraging to still find more stuff in a hard hit piece of ground. I'm heading to the beach tomorrow, fingers crossed for something shiny!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The V is an awesome machine. Mine has paid for itself a couple of times. :coffee2: I bought a Tejon and sold it after a month or so because I could not see any difference in depth. Not saying the Tejon is not deeper then the V but I just did not see it in a months time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread