artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After moving from the Midwest to Southern Vermont five + years ago now, I promised that I would never, ever move again. That will teach me! I was offered a job with a law firm in the Bangor Maine area, and have accepted the position. I am starting my new job on August 26, and as of yet, have not secured housing. The next few weeks are going to be hectic, and I have a feeling that I won't be turning on the detector for a while, and may not have much time to visit with you all in the next couple of weeks. I hope to hear from some Mainers, because I don't know a soul in the state yet. Maybe an invite to go detecting one weekend, if I ever get settled..now, how's that for a subtle hint?? In any event, I'll check in with you guys as soon as I have a chance. Take care, keep those finds coming, and enjoy what's left of summer!! :hello2:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
be careful Moonie, I hear it gets really cold up there

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Humph! I've been stuck in Maine for a month now living in hotels... Bangor and Portland. I can tell you that the summer time is a busy place. They just had a couple of concerts along the waterfront and everything here gets sold out quickly. Toby Keith will be here Sept 2nd and I hope to be back to Fl by then. I can see where y'all pack everything into a couple of quick summer months.

I found an archery shop in Old Town, just outside Bangor, where they sell White's detectors. I was looking for something to rent as I didn't bring any machines with me.

It pains me terribly as I'm here flying- and all I do is see a zillion acres of land begging to see my GTI coil---

The geology here is some very hard rock with a little dirt on top- nothing would sink too deep... oh how I wish I had my GTI...

Good luck with hunting when you get here!

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started the whole interview process waaay back in July. It just happened to be during the week that Phish was playing at that waterfront concert arena-Darling's I think. As busy as it was, everything seemed pretty orderly..in fact, out of a crowd of close to 20,000, there were only two arrests. What's more the grocery stores weren't completely sold out of food. I live in a ski resort town in VT now, and weekends during the winter, there's nothing on the shelves.

It was also great that my hubby and I got to enjoy listening to Phish sitting on a hill away from the insanity, but we were still able to hear every note. I'm so used to small town life at this point, that Bangor seems like a huge city with lots of things to do.

I'm excited to have a new places to detect- there are a lot of city parks that look quite old in the downtown Bangor area. Have you noticed the one with what looks like a WWI memorial? It has lots of gold and an American flag on it?

I'll try messaging you after I'm settled in, and if you are still in the area, maybe we can meet up..I've got a couple of extra detectors, so you wouldn't need to rent.

All in all, I think it'll be a good place to live- and not as cold as here in the mountains of VT..even though it's further north, it's a lower elevation and closer to the ocean.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Lookin forward to it, same goes if you ever find yourself on the left coast of Florida.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and best of luck, Arty! I'm sure having T-net on your resume helped you considerably in your quest for new employment. <-- INSERT EYES ROLLING HERE.

Don't for get to have some fun and come back to us as soon as you're able.

DCMatt

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started the whole interview process waaay back in July. It just happened to be during the week that Phish was playing at that waterfront concert arena-Darling's I think. As busy as it was, everything seemed pretty orderly..in fact, out of a crowd of close to 20,000, there were only two arrests. What's more the grocery stores weren't completely sold out of food. I live in a ski resort town in VT now, and weekends during the winter, there's nothing on the shelves.

It was also great that my hubby and I got to enjoy listening to Phish sitting on a hill away from the insanity, but we were still able to hear every note. I'm so used to small town life at this point, that Bangor seems like a huge city with lots of things to do.

I'm excited to have a new places to detect- there are a lot of city parks that look quite old in the downtown Bangor area. Have you noticed the one with what looks like a WWI memorial? It has lots of gold and an American flag on it?

I'll try messaging you after I'm settled in, and if you are still in the area, maybe we can meet up..I've got a couple of extra detectors, so you wouldn't need to rent.

All in all, I think it'll be a good place to live- and not as cold as here in the mountains of VT..even though it's further north, it's a lower elevation and closer to the ocean.

phish? (rolls eyes)
a druggy huh?

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lived in Maine for five years but left to come back south in 1991 so it's been a while. I lived in Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Biddeford, Portland, and Belfast. I met some great people all along the way but I didn't keep in touch when I left. There's lots of beaches and plenty of farmland and wooded areas to hunt, I wish I could go back myself. The whole time I was there I only saw someone with a detector on he beach maybe once or twice and during the summer months it's packed so should be some good hunting.. Anyways, good luck and happy hunting.. :thumbsup:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck.......I lived in Maine for 3 years in the early/mid 80's and loved it.......was in the South East part.........still return for visits/vacations a couple or more times a year......love it and it is on my list of places to move..........while the winters are cold, if you are close to the ocean, and you are in Portland, it is liley warmer than Vermont.......and I can understand why you love Vermont........went to undergrad there and love it also....
Good luck, God bless with your move.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to Maine! I am in the midcoast area just south of Rockland. If your looking for housing I might just sell you my place! It is listed in the real estate part of tnet. I am only starting to get ready to sell as I am really going to get serious in the next couple of years. I bought a place in Florida and hate the winters in the north. Probably to far away from Bangor for you though.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Don't mind Jeff. He just cannot help himself! LOL!:D

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Never been in Maine, but with a seacoast to detect, you're gonna have fun!:hello2:My coastal detecting here in cold-water central CA has shown that my best finds at sandy beaches and rocky shores are in places others tend to skip when they detect-- I dug heavy gold ring up against rocks in low-tide area of iron-infested beach (surface of gold ring was actually covered with a thin layer of iron, showing that other detectorists had missed finding it for MANY years!) Also have dug beach jewelry & foreign coins up against fences, tight against wharf supports, mixed in with numerous nails left over from beach-goers building fires with wooden pallets --- so my advice at seacoast is to dig every signal & detect the icky areas! Looking forward to seeing what you dig up after getting settled. HAVE FUN!
I'm not a druggie either but my ears enjoy every type of music so long as the lyrics aren't putting people down. My fave music is Hawaiian, very hard to feel down listening to island tunes. (Silly to "judge" people by the type of music they enjoy, lol.) Andi (one of the ancient artifacts of human race)

Luckystiff

May 28, 2013
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75,Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moon I'm from Maine Born & Raised here all my life wouldn't move anywhere else.As far as the Cold goes you'll get use to it in 10-15 yrs..HA HA..you should have plenty of places to MD I'm in the mid coast area and there's 12 old farmstead foundations within a 2 mile Raduis of my House.there everywhere in this State.We also have more Coastline than California.I went to a Public beach this weekend at the coast and found a whole $3 in clad.

Good luck..And Welcome to GODS COUNTRY!!!

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Moon I'm from Maine Born & Raised here all my life wouldn't move anywhere else.As far as the Cold goes you'll get use to it in 10-15 yrs..HA HA..you should have plenty of places to MD I'm in the mid coast area and there's 12 old farmstead foundations within a 2 mile Raduis of my House.there everywhere in this State.We also have more Coastline than California.I went to a Public beach this weekend at the coast and found a whole $3 in clad.

Good luck..And Welcome to GODS COUNTRY!!!

Luc

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
LOL! I tried to edit my post but it looks like most of it was lost! Sorry!
From memory:
Luckystiff, I have been in maine since 2002 and am still just as cold during the winter as when I first came back here from California.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread