Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting in a local park along a stream neted me $ 2.09 in clad, no jewlery not even a wheatie I know this park has been hit pretty hard but I had pulled a couple wheaties out of there before. So I got a little impatient and headed upstream into the woods. It was a beautiful day here anyways and walking along the stream this time of year in the mid 50's was quite pleasant ! Of course I did have my M. D. on the whole time and it paid off ! I was mostly picking up farm iron and trash when I got a strong signal on the stream bank That I knew was not ferrous ! It turned out to be this big brass curtain rod holder! It also turned out to be a little dump and all these little bottles were dug in about a 4foot square area from 8 to 18 inches down. There were some bigger bottles in the dump as well but the dump was located below the highwater mark and had all froze and broke . The little bottles seem 2 fair better under these conditions! Not extremly old but won't they look cute on my windowsill LOL !! :tongue3: 2nd and 3rd pic is after a quick cleaning 4th is some of the junk!! MaineRelic.

Attachments

• creek bank bottles.jpg
    creek bank bottles.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 291
  • cool little bottles.jpg
    cool little bottles.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 289
  • on the sill.jpg
    on the sill.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 298
  • fall 2009 finds.jpg
    fall 2009 finds.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
Nice finds. Looks like some nice bottles. HH......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back