Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting in a local park along a stream neted me $ 2.09 in clad, no jewlery not even a wheatie I know this park has been hit pretty hard but I had pulled a couple wheaties out of there before. So I got a little impatient and headed upstream into the woods. It was a beautiful day here anyways and walking along the stream this time of year in the mid 50's was quite pleasant ! Of course I did have my M. D. on the whole time and it paid off ! I was mostly picking up farm iron and trash when I got a strong signal on the stream bank That I knew was not ferrous ! It turned out to be this big brass curtain rod holder! It also turned out to be a little dump and all these little bottles were dug in about a 4foot square area from 8 to 18 inches down. There were some bigger bottles in the dump as well but the dump was located below the highwater mark and had all froze and broke . The little bottles seem 2 fair better under these conditions! Not extremly old but won't they look cute on my windowsill LOL !! :tongue3: 2nd and 3rd pic is after a quick cleaning 4th is some of the junk!! MaineRelic.

Attachments

• creek bank bottles.jpg
    creek bank bottles.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 290
  • cool little bottles.jpg
    cool little bottles.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 288
  • on the sill.jpg
    on the sill.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 297
  • fall 2009 finds.jpg
    fall 2009 finds.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Looks like some nice bottles. HH......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions