MAJOR Half-Dollar Find Today

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
I was feeling a little in the dumps today after going through $900 in machine-wrapped half rolls and finding absolutely nothing. So I went to a bank in a small town on my way home from work.

They had $100 in half-dollar customer rolls. The tellers were happy that I wanted them because they had been there for a while and I was taking them off their hands (and, in their words, they were tired of counting them at the end of each day).

So what did I take off their hands?

9 1964 Kennedy 90%

8 Franklin

1 Walker from 1946 (my first!)

35 1965-1969 Kennedy 40%'s

I'm still in shock from this....the moral of the story is to ALWAYS keep looking. It really is all about volume....the more you look, the more you find!

Pics coming later

Upvote 0

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I think it is more like being at the right place at the right time. 1 roll 1 box can be the next big hit. You can go through 100 boxes and find next to nothing and then the next box, SILVER!

chow

Feb 25, 2010
MIDWEST
sweet! every one remembers their first walker :-) i always keep a few hundie $ on hand and stop in to just about every bank when i have time. never know what you will find - those big scores are a HUGE rush!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion is that you simply persevere ! It doesn't necessarily have to do with volume , but
it certainly has everything to do with never stopping - continuing to hunt - that is the key !
Argentium.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrads! Yes, I remember my first walker (and only one!). May the silver goddess continue to rain silver your way.

apush :read2:

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
This has been a awesome month for me also, keep adding to the retirement kitty lol. One more and I have a full roll of walkers for the year and tomorrow I pick up my box thats been waiting on me . After a couple weeks what id call slow its really picking up now .. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread