Major Milestone Reached Today! My 2,000th Silver Coin Dug!!!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been an amazing journey for the last 35 years since I started metal detecting in 1985. Thousands of some very interesting locations to hunt. From the farm fields in East Anglia England, to parks and beaches in Ireland, to the beaches in Hawaii, some states on the east coast including PA, NJ, Maryland, and Virginia. To reach my 2,000th silver coin dug I expected it to be the most common silver coin you can find, I dug a 1954-S Rosie today!
The thrill of digging silver has never changed, it's still makes my day anytime silver comes up, even a Rosie.

I remember back in 1985 when I was buying my first metal detector from a Fisher and White's dealer (Doug) in Santa Rosa California. He was showing me some of his dug seated and barber coins he had dug in the parks in San Francisco. I was amazed, I never dreamed I would dig much more than what he showed me. ...So now it's on to 3,000!

Attachments

• Finds 12-23-20 001.JPG
    Finds 12-23-20 001.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Finds 12-23-20 002.JPG
    Finds 12-23-20 002.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Finds 12-23-20 003.JPG
    Finds 12-23-20 003.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Finds 12-23-20 004.JPG
    Finds 12-23-20 004.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 52

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Major congratulations on that milestone man!!! Really awesome to see this post, as I've been living and hunting here in SF for the last 12 years and have been following your posts and finds for a long time now :) We've run into each other a few times, the last time probably about 5+ years ago when I saw you in the Panhandle; unfortunately I haven't been hunting too much the last few years. It's always fun to see your pics and recognize many of the locations, especially along Sunset which is where I've lived for the last 3 years (36th and Quintara - the median is directly out my front door!) Unfortunately you got all the silver!! :D

It's been very cool to watch your success through the years. I also like that you keep track of where you found every coin, keeping the (his)tory of the city and parks alive. I do the same thing - keep everything in bags per year and location where it was found. But like you mentioned above, it does make it hard to get everything together for one impressive photo. I also have been keeping a spreadsheet for the last 10 years as well, with every single detail for every coin dug, and trash. Time consuming, but it paints a pretty interesting picture being able to go back and look at all that data. I'd be more than happy to share with you also if you're interested in seeing and comparing with yours. I've also got some good stories and photos of hunting all the scrapes they've done of the major parks here in SF over the last 10 years too - Dolores, Jefferson, Lafayette, Alta, Alamo, and most recently Franklin. SOOOOOO many silver and old coins!! :D

Anyhow, keep up the good work, and good luck in your new location after the move!! Cheers man!

Jayson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions