Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if many of you are aware of the 3-d printer MakerBot. I have been in LOVE with this machine since I first saw it and would LOVE to own one!

The medical applications for this machine is going to prove to be phenomenal in helping people in the medical industry, imho.
I thought ya'll might like a feel good story, and this kids face, just slays me! I can almost see him being another Charlie Chaplin or like character! What a cute kid!

Doctors save Ohio boy by 'printing' an airway tube

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real good story and thanks for sharing. However it was something no Makerbot could ever do. It prints PLA and ABS (depending on machine). The machines in that range are one off prototypers not production printers. That being said, they are fun. You may want to look at a smaller desktop ABS machine that is very easy to use. I saw one here: Afinia H479 3D Printer (plus 2 filament spools) ($1,599.00) : Saelig Online Store

What is even more amazing are printers that can print tissue cell layer by layer. it would be nice to print a new coil when you want one! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread