Making a double sided ring..Have you??

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
My brother Awhitster sent me the info that came from the W&E Treasures magazine, May 2005 (I think it was posted here). Making the rings seems like a great thing once you get it down pat. My question????? Has anyone made one, and if so, how big do you drill out the hole before you put it on the mandral??? I wear a size 11 3/4 or so. It has to be smaller than that to start with but how much bigger will it get while making it?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
CaptainRobin said:
I ain't made one, but I did find one MDing on Ft. Leonard Wood, MO back in the 80s..... it was made with a '32 quarter. You can see the date inside. I still have it.

Robin
Wow what a great find. The only thing I found close to that was at an old tether ball court (dirt). I found a silver quarter that some kid had hammered down. You couldn't see anything on either side but there was still some reed left on the edge. Shined up great. I still have it also. I keep all my finds except clad. I turn them in and buy gold coins.

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
TXTim said:
Made me a single sided one in the last couple of nights - Going to try a double sided one next.

GREAT looking ring Tim. I need some help on getting the size for making a double sided. I'm not sure a half will work for my size 12. I'm trying to get some info on that.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread