Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As you can see I have taken a different approach in securing the 1/2" CPVC tubing by using a rubber grommet. Using a Unibit I was able to size the holes slightly small than the OD of the inner grove of the grommet this makes the ID of the grommet slight smaller. This allows the CPVC tube to be very tight within the grommet. The CPVC tubing is sealed and no chance of leaking around the grommets. The 1/8” holes are pointing downward and onto pad within the water box. I installed a top made from a 1/4" cutting board and angled so that the bottom of the front plate will be about 1/2” off of the easy liner for water to escape from under the plate through the Scotch Brite. Some of the photos you will see a ball valve but the finished Miller Table I used a needle and seat valve from Loew's of which will allow for finer adjustment and even out the water flow.

To finish off the Miller Table fine gold recovery system I built a PVC stand with stainless steel all-thread and wing nuts at each corner so I can adjust the level of the table. A 500 GPH 12 volt Attwood was used. I used PVC T fittings that snap over 3/4" PVC pipe so that I can tilt the front or the back of the table to adjust the angle.

Some of you are having trouble locating Easy Liner here is a link to all the vendors who may carry the product. Granted every store may or may not carry the product. EASY LINER VENDORS

This is what your looking for SOLID Solid Easy Liner® - Black | Duck® Brand EASY LINER

If you cannot find it in your area then buy it online from AMAZON

Duck Brand makes many different colors, textures, widths, and lengths of shelve liners, your looking for Easy Liner Ultra Fresh and currently its made in three colors of White, Tan, or Black. Below is what the texture looks like. The surface has a very slight texture to it, its solid and smooth.

EASY LINER.jpg

T225.jpg T224.jpg T223.jpg
T226.jpg T228.jpg T229.jpg
T227.jpg T231.jpg T232.jpg
T219.jpg T217.jpg T218.jpg
T233.jpg T220.jpg T221.jpg
T222.jpg T247.jpg T248.jpg
T250.jpg T251.jpg T265.jpg
T266.jpg T267.jpg T268.jpg

MAKE SURE ONCE ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO TO SWITCH OVER TO 720p TO VIEW THE VIDEOS IN HIGH DEF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, AzViper. Very nice design and construction of your table. If you don't mind, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions?

The last couple of posts answered a question that I had about the spray bar cover and sluice end, so I'm okay concerning that.
I would also like to know if you cut those Tees that snap/slip onto the PVC pipe, or did you find them made that way? If you cut them,
what width did you cut the slot, (measurement)?
Lastly, if you purchased them, and the needle valve, what store carries them?

Appreciate any answers/help, and if I think of anything else I will post again.

A Big THANKS for sharing your design and build with everyone, it is appreciated greatly, by many!

Greg

Au, AZ has had some things happening that has kept him pretty busy, so I will attempt to answer your questions based on the small version he made for me.
Here is the link for mine.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/443477-jeff-s-rubber-mat-miller-table.html

All parts should be available at HD or Lowes. The needle/seat valve is the same type you would find under sinks or behind toilets. Hope this helps.

PS...the snap on "T's" look like they were made that way, but Keith can match and better anything on a shelf so not sure if made or bought. Try sending him a PM and he will reply when he can.

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Goldbug2, Fisher CZ, White's Goldmaster, Vallon
Thanks for your reply and info, Jeff. I took your advice and sent him a PM.

Greg

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Au, AZ has had some things happening that has kept him pretty busy, so I will attempt to answer your questions based on the small version he made for me.
Here is the link for mine.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/443477-jeff-s-rubber-mat-miller-table.html

All parts should be available at HD or Lowes. The needle/seat valve is the same type you would find under sinks or behind toilets. Hope this helps.

PS...the snap on "T's" look like they were made that way, but Keith can match and better anything on a shelf so not sure if made or bought. Try sending him a PM and he will reply when he can.

Here is the valve: Shop Genova 1/2-in Dia 90-Degree Valve CPVC Fittings at Lowes.com

This is the link I got from Viper when I asked him which valve he actually used.

That was about all the additional information I needed when I built the Miller table he describes above.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, AzViper. Very nice design and construction of your table. If you don't mind, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions?

The last couple of posts answered a question that I had about the spray bar cover and sluice end, so I'm okay concerning that.
I would also like to know if you cut those Tees that snap/slip onto the PVC pipe, or did you find them made that way? If you cut them,
what width did you cut the slot, (measurement)?
Lastly, if you purchased them, and the needle valve, what store carries them?

Appreciate any answers/help, and if I think of anything else I will post again.

A Big THANKS for sharing your design and build with everyone, it is appreciated greatly, by many!

Greg

Greg, the tee came that way at Lowes, where I got the valve I posted above. I don't know as much as AzViper, but having gotten some help from him to build my table, I am willing to help as much as I can. The valve was the main thing. If there are other questions, post them and many of the very helpful people here will try to answer. As Jeff95531 noted, AzViper may be too busy right now.

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
GPDave,

Thanks for the additional info. That is what I needed. The project commences, lol!

Greg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those Tees can be found at Lowes. They snap over the pipe. The thread end is sealed. They are designed to be glued to a pipe and then drilled. The way I am using them is just to snap over the pipe, no glue. Works like a charm. Once on they are difficult to get off without threading a pipe into the T an pulling the snap tee off.

As for the small pipe and valve they came from Lowes as well.

Last edited:

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Thanks, AZViper. Your design is really good, and your willingness to share the information is commendable!

Greg

laserguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever follow up on the green Con-Tact material you were going to evaluate?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a question that I was hoping to get an answer for but didn't find in the thread. What did you use to punch the two holes in the sides for mounting the rubber grommets for the water spray bar? Those holes are much bigger than standard drill sizes. Also did you ever follow up on the green Con-Tact material you were going to evaluate?

I used a step drill bit. As for the green material I never found it or found what I was looking for...

Step Drill Bit.jpg

laserguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, as you notice, I had edited my question to keep you from wasting time answering but I guess I wasn't fast enough. After I posted the question, I went back to the start of the thread and there was my answer in black and white in the first line of the post. 8-) As for the Con-Tact material. I saw in another thread someone had posted a note to you with the following info. Is this not what you were referring to?

Amazon.com - Con-Tact Brand Creative Covering Self-Adhesive Shelf and Drawer Liner, 18-Inches by 24-Feet, Kelly Green - Green Contact Paper

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Bumping this thread to be "current". AZViper, it's not clear to me either, which liner you are each referring to.

The stuff that you posted, the "kelly green" stuff, looked good for color, but was it the same as the kind you used in your build photos?, or did you decide to not follow up on that particular liner?

Greg

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, as you notice, I had edited my question to keep you from wasting time answering but I guess I wasn't fast enough. After I posted the question, I went back to the start of the thread and there was my answer in black and white in the first line of the post. 8-) As for the Con-Tact material. I saw in another thread someone had posted a note to you with the following info. Is this not what you were referring to?

Amazon.com - Con-Tact Brand Creative Covering Self-Adhesive Shelf and Drawer Liner, 18-Inches by 24-Feet, Kelly Green - Green Contact Paper
That turned out to be shelving paper, not the least bit 'rubbery'.

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Ok, thank you very much for your quick response. That enabled me to avoid an unnecessary purchase.

:icon_thumleft:

Greg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry just not been in the forums much. My brother is now under Hospice care, things have turn for the worse, I will pop in and out once in a while.

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry just not been in the forums much. My brother is now under Hospice care, things have turn for the worse, I will pop in and out once in a while.

Viper, I am so sorry to heard that your brother has Hospice care. You have had a really tough last year or so. I have lost my dad and a sister so I know these must be terribly hard times for you. Praying for you and your brother.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I read where a blue bowl needs to be fed wet material. What about a miller table? Wet or dry. Thanks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Wet or you will watch the gold be washed off the table! I did a demo for a couple who asked me that exact question! then I gave them the black sands with that gold still in it for a reminder to them! Ill never forget it forsure!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Viper, I am so sorry to heard that your brother has Hospice care. You have had a really tough last year or so. I have lost my dad and a sister so I know these must be terribly hard times for you. Praying for you and your brother.

Dave, sorry I missed this post. My brother passed away last May. Boy time sure fly's by as its been nearly a year that he has passed. Yeah its been a tough 30 plus months. I am hoping everything is behind me. My new knee is getting better by the week. Hopefully this summer will find me out and about in search of that yellow stuff, but before that happens I have to have total trust in my ability to handle the terrain here in Arizona.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread