Making dumping easier?

jimmyx

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2010
How do business owners who deal with lots of change (car wash, arcade, etc.) deposit all that change into the banks?

I'm sure they don't get their balls busted like CRHers.

Is it the fact that CRHers mostly deal with halves which are uncommon in circulation?

Has anyone opened a business account at a bank in order to have less problems dumping?

Thanks for any infos.

jimmy

Upvote 0

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find a local dump bank yet with a free coin counter. They all said you can deposit only rolled coins. The only I foound that takes loose coins, said you can deposit bagged coins and they will send them to another branch in the next county to be counted.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
I have a business account, and they have me bag it $1K at a time - no issues.
I moved up from one box a weeek to 2 because of this...

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have a little local bank with, maybe... 5 branches total. Long as you have an account they have a free coinstar-type machine.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aaron7 said:
I have a little local bank with, maybe... 5 branches total. Long as you have an account they have a free coinstar-type machine.

Free coinstars are the way to go. I have a CU that now has those. Just try to keep my dumps under 1k...

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
DFX Dave....there are TD banks in MD.
Annapolis, Arnold, Bel Air, Clinton, Essex, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Burney, Hyattsville, Laurel, Rocksville,and Silver Spring.
free coin counter in lobby, no account needed, no limits. :thumbsup:
JimmyX and others.....you can go here and plug in your location and get a list of all TDBanks and ATMs in your area.
http://www.tdbank.com/net/locations.aspx

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mistergee, I will check the list out. The closest one you listed is Bel Air, which is a good half hour drive for me, I never seem to have to travel that way either, maybe the link will get me closer. Thanks, Dave..

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX DAVE in M.D. said:
Thanks Mistergee, I will check the list out. The closest one you listed is Bel Air, which is a good half hour drive for me, I never seem to have to travel that way either, maybe the link will get me closer. Thanks, Dave..

Trust me its worth it if you can dump large amounts for free. I drive 30 minutes at least 2-3 times a week to dump.

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
My BOA takes loose coins in a clear BOA bag - counts them and credits my account. Takes 4 days. They don't mind at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread