Making Tape Man Strikes Again! [Warning: Edge PR0N!]

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped back at the bank that had yielded a 3 double-size rolls of halves wrapped in masking tape recently. I gave the teller my number but hadn't heard from them, so I thought I'd check just in case. Well, they hadn't called back. But I'm sure glad I checked! They had 5 more double-rolls, wrapped in masking tape.

And check out the edges here. Nice, huh? (The fifth roll fell apart in my backpack, but you get the picture.)

Out of the 200 halves, there were 95 from '66 through '69. And 7 1964s. Over 50% of them have silver!

Of course, I'm going to be checking back there from time to time....

Attachments

• 4.5 rolls.jpg
    4.5 rolls.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
You should tell me what bank this is... I wont go there, i would like to know... J/K. Nice score...

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRockDoc said:
You should tell me what bank this is... I wont go there, i would like to know... J/K. Nice score...

No problem! It is: First TD National Sovereign Liberty Union Fargo CitiChase Bank and Trust of West America

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Nice! I can't believe you don't have any teller's sniping your goods!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Dude that is so amazing congrats on another amazing score!!! :headbang:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Six months ago, I plucked a 40% out of a teller tray, and was dumbfounded that someone hadn't picked it already.

I can't imagine getting rolls like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG!!!!!!!!

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
kennedyfan said:
TheRockDoc said:

No problem! It is: First TD National Sovereign Liberty Union Fargo CitiChase Bank and Trust of West America

Hey, get outta my branch man.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. Hope that normal roll of $10 isn't the end of the batch, since the rest of the rolls are in oversized rolls of $20. Maybe the barbers will come. maybe even the large dollar coins 8)

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
You did awesome! Great score.

At least I know you're not in my area...the banks around have all changed their names to "Skunk Republic". JK - I do find my small share occasionally so all is well. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
That's awesome. Hope that normal roll of $10 isn't the end of the batch, since the rest of the rolls are in oversized rolls of $20. Maybe the barbers will come. maybe even the large dollar coins 8)

Nope, it was all double rolls. It was just kind of fragile - it actually started to come apart as the teller gave it to me, because it was stuck to one of the other ones. I was so worried the teller was going to start noticing how the coins that were starting to come off looked/sounded different! Anyhow, by the time I got it home, it was down to ~20 coins left stuck together; the rest had come apart and were loose (but safe) in my backpack.

I really hope there's more where this came from. I think my next visit to them will include some donuts to make sure they are happy to see me!

(Last night, due to this haul, I separated my 40% finds into one box and my 90% finds into another box. The 40% box is much, much heavier than the 90% - not that I'm complaining!)

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
kennedyfan said:
TheRockDoc said:

LMAO.... That is funny. I appreciate that, I will see if they have one of those branchessezzes in my area, and hit it hard! Congrats to you on another great find from what appears to be a great little spot you have yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread