Makro Racer 2 - Mop Up Detail

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I went back this morning to hit a couple of sites that I've previously detected. It wasn't going to be easy to find silver coins because I had already cherry picked the easy ones the first time out. Now it's time to go back, slowdown, and start digging all those iffy signals. I was using the little NEL Snake search coil (3.5" x 6.5") to help with the unmasking. I ended up finding 5 silver coins, a sterling ring, 12 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad and copper coins.

I tried to do a live video dig on the 1953 Washington quarter, because I knew it was a silver quarter before I even dug. A solid 88 VDI number.

This was my 77th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 213.

tabman

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 001.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 004.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 006.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 007.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 010.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 011.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 014.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 015.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 019.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 020.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 023.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 025.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 028.JPG Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 034.JPG

Racer 2 - 6 Pieces of Silver 026.JPG

Upvote 10

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a 5 silver day! Love those standing liberty quarters! You are well on your way to hit 300 silvers by the end of the year...

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
You, sir, are a beast!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding,, to go back and pull that many silvers out of a spot that has been cherry picked is outstanding.
Congrats

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman you're the silver man congrats
Thanks! I have good sites to detect.

Congratulations on a 5 silver day! Love those standing liberty quarters! You are well on your way to hit 300 silvers by the end of the year...
Thanks! 300 is doable if I can keep my interest up.

You, sir, are a beast!
Thanks! Remember the lady with the one eyed dog? I found them on the corner lot next door. The one that I told you that I had already detected.

Awesome!! :notworthy:
Thanks! I get lucky sometimes.

Outstanding,, to go back and pull that many silvers out of a spot that has been cherry picked is outstanding.
Congrats
Thanks! I must be really good to be able to find stuff detecting behind myself. LOL

tabman

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can stop this silver slaying any day now tabman. You're making the rest of look bad. But seriously dude, you kill it every time you go out. Congrats on another silver filled hunt. :occasion14:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I can't wait to see the group shot of your year end total silver coinage. It's gonna be crazy!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can stop this silver slaying any day now tabman. You're making the rest of look bad. But seriously dude, you kill it every time you go out. Congrats on another silver filled hunt. :occasion14:
Thanks! I find slowing down and concentrating on the audio tones helps me the most. Also having great places to detect is a huge asset.

Thats a load of silver for one hunt..
Thanks! Some days I load up and other days I work my butt off to find a single silver coin.

Lol, I can't wait to see the group shot of your year end total silver coinage. It's gonna be crazy!
Thanks! I'm going to need a bigger camera. LOL

tabman

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You have someone hot on your heals with his silver count. We all know what great spots can bring. Congrats on the six silvers. Love the shiny look.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have someone hot on your heals with his silver count. We all know what great spots can bring. Congrats on the six silvers. Love the shiny look.
Thanks! Having good places to detect makes things easier. Having someone hot on my heels just puts me into overdrive. I love competition. How close is he?

tabman

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the multiple silver finds! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Originally Posted by CZconnoisseur

Originally Posted by tabman

Gee tab, sounds like you might be getting "bored" of making these finds?!?!? Maybe we can find something more interesting for ya, like mowing everyone's yards and doing the string trimming! :laughing7:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratualtions on the multiple silver finds! :occasion14:
Thanks! It was one of my better days.

Originally Posted by CZconnoisseur

Originally Posted by tabman

Gee tab, sounds like you might be getting "bored" of making these finds?!?!? Maybe we can find something more interesting for ya, like mowing everyone's yards and doing the string trimming! :laughing7:
Oh, I'm excited every time a silver pops out of the ground. I just need motivation to get up and go do it. Reading other people's posts about their great finds helps.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread