this hearing is back in session: FEAST YE MIGHTY TREASURE LOOTERS-1834 LC+++++++

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got her last night at the 1720 home along the original stone walkway at 6 inches. not just a '34 Matron----large 8, large stars & medium letters. BUT WAIT ( as they say on TV) THERE'S MORE---- add a ROTATED DIE ____ABSOLUTELY FREE :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: had the same thought when I got the counterfeit "whizzer" LC last week---flip the coin & what the #*ck---this is odd----:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: put tape on obverse to show the 30-40 rotation. sending photos to Mike Diamond for this heavy hitter8-)8-)8-) IMG_3337.JPG IMG_3338.JPG IMG_3335.JPG IMG_3336.JPG still not one silver coin---but someone once said---"at this point, what difference does it make":laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Upvote 21

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, did you zap her? or sandblast her? She cleaned up nice, good detail left.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on an Awesome coin!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheer up. That really is a nice find! :laughing7: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my thanks to all who have shown respect to the old mama. my LCS, Colonial Stamp & Coin in Kingston, NY says it's real and he caught the rotation instantly. hope M. Diamond has some idea on the population and quality of the coin. dirt damage is a given after 180 years, just hope there is still some value due to the variety plus the error. the homeowner gets 1st crack at her then maybe EBAY--by far my best coin dig EVER. the "whizzer", '03 Draped Bust and this baby were all along the same stone walkway within 15 feet. there may be no silver in the 3/4 acre parcel but the relics are kick-A$$. decided I earned a day off today--air is so hot & thick, even O.J. couldn't cut thru it :---)

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice-looking coin I'm definitely going to steal that trick with the tape to see if any of mine have a die rotation

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome LC, I it's the first rotated die I've seen. I can see you're still stoked, enjoy the feeling PEA. :notworthy: I hope the rarity jacks up the value substantially.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks sand blasted it is a strange color though.

the 20 minute electrolysis was a bad move, tends to suck iron from the pits leaving the grainy look. Brillo does magic on coppers to enhance details without killing patina. I have duly spanked myself

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you have earned that like all us will have our turn Great job!!!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 20 minute electrolysis was a bad move, tends to suck iron from the pits leaving the grainy look. Brillo does magic on coppers to enhance details without killing patina. I have duly spanked myself

I am always trying new methods are used to like peroxide. I have moved on to liquid wrench. Electrolysis does have its place in cleaning coins when there is that incredibly thick very hard green crust obscuring all the details but I must admit I'm not very good at it. They make a chemical that speeds up the green corrosion on copper they use it on copper roofing of churches and what not to make it look like it matches the rest of the roof. Something close to the Statue of Liberty in color I always wanted to get some and try to Green patina some of my Over cleaned coins. As long as you brought out details you could not see before you're doing pretty good in my book.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So Rich..........super coin. But didn't it have a date prior to your cleaning it?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sweet L.C.'s.
I have always been afraid to experiment with different cleaners but I guess sometimes a coin comes out of the ground in such bad shape, cleaning it can't hurt it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We look at Die Axis on all our Roman Coins, & the British Museum Standard would call that a 2 O'clock Die Axis.

Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread