plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Male Only! Magazines from the early 60's

Found these in a stash inside my house along with a bag of wheat pennies. Thought that some of you might get a kick out of them.

IMG_0747 (2).jpg IMG_0745 (2).jpg
IMG_0749 (2).jpg IMG_0748 (2).jpg

Upvote 2

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there a centerfold?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No real centerfolds, just topless chicks smiling at you. Cool stories too. I used to steal them from my older cousin and "read" them...

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to hear the story of how the stash was found ! and more details about the wheat pennies (yes , I would like to see the centerfold gals too ! )

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha.......several years back I bought a box of 60's and 70's Playboy Magazines and forgot I had them. Found them prowling through hunting stuff in the attic. They are about like House and Garden today. Now that I have a daughter views have changed. Need to get rid of em. :evil6:

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I will dig out the pennies. As far as the stash goes, when I bought the house the original owners were using the garage as storage. after they cleaned it out they left all the trash. When I went through all of the stuff I found a couple of neat items. An old lantern (beat to hell), an old gas burner, and a very old yardstick from a local ford dealer (I believe its 58). As I was throwing out what looked like an old tin A/C duct I noticed it was quite heavy, so I had a closer look and noticed that it was a sealed tin box that looked like trash. I popped it open and found a ton of old paperwork, a bag of wheat pennies (about ten iron 20-30 copper), an old barrel spigot, and those four magazines. Inspired by that find I proceeded to tear the house apart looking for anything else. I found the sears charge plate in a box in the attic but that was about it. I guess I better take some pictures now :)

UPDATE!! Apparently it was more like 119 copper and 8 Iron

IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0757.JPG

Last edited:

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you finding a lot of random stuff (?)....Id like to see what else you are turning up -

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's cool :-) I found a stack of play boy magazines from the 60's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread