rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this year the hunters dont want me out looking in my favorite area and even though the permission I have was I can go when ever I want I am backing off till after hunting season. I have met a couple of the hunters and they are good people very nice so Im taking a step back this year and letting them have at it until after the season is done. That being said today was my last hunt in that spot. Sunday I walked half of the creek and didnt find much so today I walked the other half and did better. Walked some of the field before the creek and found some broken things then hit the creek. I still have other areas I can go but Im waiting on the cotton now which looks like it will be another month they just sprayed it last week and the leaves are still hanging on. I have some other spots Ive been ignoring on purpose due to the loss of this area and when I can will be walking them. But today wasnt to bad for my last hunt of 2017 here. N GA surface finds on private property, rock

Attachments

• SDC12511.JPG
    SDC12511.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • SDC12513.JPG
    SDC12513.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good thing let the hunters do their thing because they pay for hunting rights and you don't wont to rock the boat Rock over rocks. Lol !!!! You will do good in other spots and look at this way, if lay off that spot for a little Ole mother nature will turn that creek upside down for you. O nice finds also:icon_thumleft:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like game hunting but not as much as artifact. Season always gets in the way. Turkey ispretty much here already.. Nice finds man.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have almost cleaned that creek out anyways so a few months without looking will be good for it. I will miss the fields but I think its going to be a cold winter by the time I get back out there hopefully the fields will be good for a couple of months before planting. I saw a couple of spots where they are doing food plots and they turned the soil. Even though I only found 1 point I was happy to find it cause they are hard to find this year. The creek is changing direction and hopefully it will be for the better.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting for one of those rains that turn the bedrock. They seem far and few though. Hell, I am waiting on a rain just to send all the damn debris down stream . That's all I ask, lol. Nice point rock.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During bow season I get down when the mosquitos take over and hit the cow trails and creeks with my bow looking for artifacts. You had a good season in artifacts.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During bow season I get down when the mosquitos take over and hit the cow trails and creeks with my bow looking for artifacts. You had a good season in artifacts.

I agree some will do that. The 1st 2 hours I hit some of my best spots and picked up all the bigger flint chips and threw them in the weeds. Maybe it wont be so easy to find now.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my places to hunt are about to start dwindling down. Don't want to get blackballed because you pissed off somebody hunting.

So is this the last of your artifacts for the year??? All mysterious work and no play?

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my places to hunt are about to start dwindling down. Don't want to get blackballed because you pissed off somebody hunting.

So is this the last of your artifacts for the year??? All mysterious work and no play?

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

No I have other places to look still. But this property was one of my 1st so I am parcel to it. I know it the best. Here is a small point I found the other day.

Attachments

• SDC12518.JPG
    SDC12518.JPG
    654.6 KB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread