Many cruel joke this hobby played on me today. But maybe some surprises.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to give up easy I took my 800 to the park I found a original US Civil War Kepi Hat Badge Stamped Brass Infantry Horn Uniform Insignia Pin. Everything is very deep in sandy soil which is next to the river that overflows a lot. Well cruel deep jokes where played on me by the swinging gods. First about a foot down in thought I had what looked like a belt plate, but was just a square piece a brass with many holes along the edges. IMG_0012.JPG Then still having that half dime bust I found on my mind I pull out this at 9” IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG 1949 PLAY MONEY!! (My hands where shaking I’m not gonna lie)
Now this was deep hoping MAYBE part of a old gun IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
Then I got this round ball. I do hope this might be real. It’s .69 at 42.6 grains IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Any good news is always welcomed. Lol
Thanks for looking[emoji4]

I always forget my cool glass in find IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 23

samiam03

Jun 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth I don't know if you misstated the weight of that .69 cal. ball. If you truly meant to say grain and not gram (I'm not familiar with gram wt), that would be too light for lead.

If you truly meant to say grain and not gram (I'm not familiar with gram wt), that would be too light for lead. 42.6 grains = 2.760434 grams

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
Never mentioned anything about that. I don’t know.
Just saying, if you look at the play money, you'd think the lighter field would be left blank and the darker red field would have the shading marks across. Flying your flag upside down is an old signalling method requesting help and a distress signal.
Just a little boo boo on the 'boys in '49.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't feel like the lone ranger when it comes to cruel jokes by the relic gods. On my bucket list is to dig an undamaged belt plate. I thought I dug one in the middle of an early 1800s stage coach road in coastal SC. Was jumping around doing a chicken dance until I cleaned the caked clay off of it. Cow Tag. Pictured is the tag in comparison to an early US puppy paw plate I bought. To date still have not dug a complete plate, only parts.

plate.jpg

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some nice finds once again Truth. I think we have all had a "detecting moment" at one time or another. I was hunting an old homestead about 10 years back. I dug my plug, saw the glint of gold on a rounded coin, and thought I had a $20.00 gold piece ! Imagine my disappointment when I pulled the coin out of the hole to see it was a Gold colored Readers Digest Token, the same size as a $20.00 gold piece. Oh well, at least it was a neat token.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Truth. I agree with Smokey that is an old window lock mechanism. Congratulations

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sometimes if you hands not shaking a little on a killer signal, you're just not having fun.Congrats on the nice finds.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't feel like the lone ranger when it comes to cruel jokes by the relic gods. On my bucket list is to dig an undamaged belt plate. I thought I dug one in the middle of an early 1800s stage coach road in coastal SC. Was jumping around doing a chicken dance until I cleaned the caked clay off of it. Cow Tag. Pictured is the tag in comparison to an early US puppy paw plate I bought. To date still have not dug a complete plate, only parts.

View attachment 1610485

Now that is a heartbreaker right there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions