DEGreen

Jun 21, 2006
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett ADS-6
Re: Map dowsers - put your skills to the test? Round 2

Trying one more time to post

Hi deepsecrets

I have been playing around with dowsing off and on for several years.
thought I would give your map a try. So, here is my best try.

Thanks For the Opportunity
DEGreen

Attachments

• Red X.JPG
    Red X.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 225

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm going to have to post the whole picture. If you want to disqualify me that is fine.
I'm having problems cropping it down. When I do it comes out like an x ray. The red x is not even in color.
Jon

Attachments

• test_area_2dowsed.jpg
    test_area_2dowsed.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 279

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm going to have to post the whole picture. If you want to disqualify me that is fine.
I'm having problems cropping it down. When I do it comes out like an x ray. The red x is not even in color.
Jon

I can't tell you if it matters, took me a while to find it. Yes, I had to convert my image to more colors. I have it cropped down for you.

Sent it in a PM.

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks to those that gave it a good try - here's the location of the target.

Attachments

• test_area_2_final.JPG
    test_area_2_final.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 259

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, this was interesting!
I know it does not matter now, but 2 of my other marks for gold (now the red color works) on my dowsing worksheet were exactly 2 squares down from the true location on each side of the road.
The green x was my one choice for the challenge.
I phrased different questions and got the different locations. This helps me to know what question to ask next time.
I'd like to post this so you can see where I picked up on gold. Maybe it's worth checking out sometime.

If you or anyone else wants me to delete this post, let me know publicly and I will.

I hope you plan on another dowsing challenge sometime.
Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• test_area_2dowsed.jpg
    test_area_2dowsed.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 264

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert said:
Jon

I can't tell you if it matters, took me a while to find it. Yes, I had to convert my image to more colors. I have it cropped down for you.

Sent it in a PM.

Hi Red desert,
Got your pm, wanted to thank you for cropping the pic down for me. By time I opened the mail the contest was over but I appreciate you doing that. I need to figure out why this computer was not working right for me today. I deleted the posts I made at you, they were uncalled for and should'nt have happened.
Jon

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

teleprospector said:
I know it does not matter now, but 2 of my other marks for gold (now the red color works) on my dowsing worksheet were exactly 2 squares down from the true location on each side of the road.
I phrased different questions and got the different locations. This helps me to know what question to ask next time.
I'd like to post this so you can see where I picked up on gold. Maybe it's worth checking out sometime.

If you or anyone else wants me to delete this post, let me know publicly and I will.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon - a very seasoned dowser that I know very well, some years ago, indicated gold at the location where you marked the two red X's (the leftmost X). I dug down a few feet but hit bedrock - based on your locations, I think I'll try again!

I may do another challenge, but maybe let the target stay in the ground for a while before starting it. I did try to get a friend of mine who does aerial photography to fly over and get me an image after I had buried this target but the winds were too strong on the day he was going to do it (sorry Tim!).

The target was 1.5gms of gold from the SS Central America for those that would like to know - maybe this was just too small to use as the target ?

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000

I knew thats where it was but chose not to play as I am new to this dowsing. Next time I will play this game. Now that I know I can do it.
It was a learning experience for me. I knew I should have played. :'( Now I am kicking my butt!! :wink:

Great game Deepsecrets!! :thumbsup:
Joy

NorthWind

Jun 21, 2006

You're kickin' your butt? LOL

I know the feeling! Did ya see where I dowsed? My bad, I didn't follow directions.

Anyway, I can relate.

Thank you, Deepsecrets, for the opportunity, and your generousity.

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000

NorthWind, You were really close to the location! :thumbsup: Yes for sure a learning experience for you on jumping the gun. It happens! ;D
Next time you will do better I am sure!
deepsecrets, That was a huge map to dowse, which was great as the hidden item could have been anywheres! Everyone really had to work hard for that one! ;D
Thanks again. It was fun! :thumbsup:
Joy

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deepsecrets said:
teleprospector said:

Thanks,
Jon

Jon - a very seasoned dowser that I know very well, some years ago, indicated gold at the location where you marked the two red X's (the leftmost X). I dug down a few feet but hit bedrock - based on your locations, I think I'll try again!

I may do another challenge, but maybe let the target stay in the ground for a while before starting it. I did try to get a friend of mine who does aerial photography to fly over and get me an image after I had buried this target but the winds were too strong on the day he was going to do it (sorry Tim!).

The target was 1.5gms of gold from the SS Central America for those that would like to know - maybe this was just too small to use as the target ?

I think the size of your target is ok. The 25 foot grid was ok too. For me, it was my dowsing questions that took me off course. I have some other ones in mind to use next time.
Your target picture you pm'd me reminded me of gold bearing rock so I thought that is what you buried. So when I asked for a recent signal of that I got the 2 red x's where you hit the bedrock.
Those 2 gold signals were quite prominent over the other ones, maybe there is something further down.
Jon

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The area is over 14 acres, there were about 600+ grid squares - so if one were to say dowsing is by chance - then there would be 1 in 600 chances of finding the target grid square. I think both Jon and NW's attempts were a good ones and beyond the "chance" factor.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deepsecrets said:
The area is over 14 acres, there were about 600+ grid squares - so if one were to say dowsing is by chance - then there would be 1 in 600 chances of finding the target grid square. I think both Jon and NW's attempts were a good ones and beyond the "chance" factor.

My first choice for the actual target was way off though. Should you discover there is natural gold by my 2 red x's then I think like you would think that it goes beyond the chance factor.
NW was closer with his one location for the actual target.
I'm not sure if leaving it in the ground longer would give us more sensitivity on the picture, I think this is more of a factor if we were actually on site. The target size in realation to the scale of the picture would show a different sensitivity while photo dowsing.
This was a good excersize beacause most dowsers deal with what is there up to the picture date but not after. The picture is just a reference to the actual site.
I think a carefully phrased question is what it comes down to.
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Teleprospector, I got your PMs, just now on the computer. Well, to answer your question...back on Feb 5th I dowsed and marked all the gold signals thinking it would be easy to pick out any new gold signals. So, picked my 1st spot to mark on the grid test photo. Got out that predowsed image to compare it with my first results.

You know, my first location was one of the better gold signals I'd found already Feb 5th. I then checked for new gold signals and got at least 3 new ones. i decided those could be stuff gold plated, some old buttons had gold plating...seen them before in treasure magazines. I'll have to check those new gold signals and see where they are, one I can remember was below the tree Northwind made his X.

I'm on my new laptop now, my old computer has the photos, will check on it later. For the X I posted on this thread, didn't use any of the new gold signals. Wanted to test a new method. Obviously, I see now should have stuck with my usual methods. but this is how you find out.

My 2nd X to post here, I think was on the other side of the same tree, at least the same area. I'll have to check that too, make sure whether it is the same one. My X posted in this thread was actually the 3rd one.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All 3 of my hits were close...my 1st image hit included, before converting the image to more colors.

Attachments

• test_area_2crop.jpg
    test_area_2crop.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 178
  • test_area_2_finalXs.jpg
    test_area_2_finalXs.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 210

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert,
That's new to me about the gold plated buttons. Do you know what type of metal the gold is plated to? Brass?copper? pewter?
I have'nt checked for Civil War items in a while for anyone. I will have to consider that as a material type next time I dowse for relics.
I'm starting to wonder if deepsecrets site had some sort of military activity. I'm curious too about the natural gold deposits.
Thanks,
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Then I did the thing which wasn't my usual method, because the 3rd time printed out the map to pendulum dowse it with ink pen marks. The signals all were hit where I'd gotten them before.

So, cut the map in 2 pieces, cut them in half...now 4 pieces. Tested 4 pieces with the pendulum. The bottom right section tested positive for the target. Threw the others in the waste basket. I cut off a small section which contains a pendulum X about where my 1st hit was made and the right edge of it, where Deepsecrets placed the gold test target. When I tested this piece, no movement over the ink pen X. Tried moving right, my pendulum was swinging back and forth horizontally over the right side. Before getting to the right edge. It seemed to be pointing at the bottom edge, because I started going up making the swing shift down slightly at an angle.

I did the same test again, same thing happened. My interpretation of this was that the bottom edge response meant it must be down below, in the section cut away from it. If I had taken the signal seriously, the exact location would have been marked.

My mistake, but a good example of how signals can be misinterpreted.

Attachments

• test_area_2cut.jpg
    test_area_2cut.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 227
  • test_area_2cutcrop.jpg
    test_area_2cutcrop.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 201

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

teleprospector said:
Red_desert,
That's new to me about the gold plated buttons. Do you know what type of metal the gold is plated to? Brass?copper? pewter?
I have'nt checked for Civil War items in a while for anyone. I will have to consider that as a material type next time I dowse for relics.
I'm starting to wonder if deepsecrets site had some sort of military activity. I'm curious too about the natural gold deposits.
Thanks,
Jon

Yes, Deepsecrets mentioned the barn and storehouse was burned by Union forces, if my memory is correct.

Yes, Virginia has a very strange gold geology, it is found in or with iron pyrite.

Don't remember the type of metal used for gold plated buttons.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm curious now where Deepsecrets hit, when he threw his dart. He did say he used a dart to pick the location. Looking back at the gold signals on my predowsed map, done the first week of February...got 2 gold hits around that spot.

But, I asked him when in my previous comments and it was later, my dowsed signals came before that...dart, I think thrown at 12.5 feet.

1st cropped section was dowsed on Feb 3rd and dowsed again on Feb 5th to mark potential gold coin targets. You see my 1st hit dowsed for this thread marked again. For a depth on the predowsed target got 12" for a gold target and 15" for 2 silver coins.

Anyway, that spot keeps getting more mysterious all the time.

Attachments

• test site-goldAcrop.jpg
    test site-goldAcrop.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 148
  • test site-goldBcrop.jpg
    test site-goldBcrop.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 152

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions