Map Dowsing and Metal Detectors

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I think that a lot of Metal Detector people can use map dowsing to their advantage. It will give you a starting place. Instead of wasting hours searching unproductive places you will be able to find good targets to dig. You will have to learn to ask different questions than I do. When I do maps for people I don’t know what kind of tools they have. When I have the treasure on the map I always ask, Can (name ) find this treasure. You would be surprised at how many no answers I get. You would probably be surprised at how many times I get a no answer on my personal sites….Art

aarthrj3811 said:
I think that a lot of Metal Detector people can use map dowsing to their advantage. It will give you a starting place. Instead of wasting hours searching unproductive places you will be able to find good targets to dig. You will have to learn to ask different questions than I do. When I do maps for people I don’t know what kind of tools they have. When I have the treasure on the map I always ask, Can (name ) find this treasure. You would be surprised at how many no answers I get. You would probably be surprised at how many times I get a no answer on my personal sites….Art

I gotta know, what do you hope to accomplish by asking a question like this, Art? Wouldn't it be more logical to ask can this treasure be found, or perhaps does this treasure exist? And if it's on your map, then why ask if it can be found? You apparently already know it's there, right?

It makes sense that if the treasure exists, it can be found. Maybe not easily, but if it's real then it's recoverable.

Or how about asking "if the treasure can be recovered with my or so & sos equipment. I think the mind would give a no response knowing you didn't have the equipment to make the recovery. Any thoughts from the more experienced??

Or how about asking "if the treasure can be recovered with my or so & sos equipment. I think the mind would give a no response knowing you didn't have the equipment to make the recovery. Any thoughts from the more experienced??

Hey boogeyman…I don’t know who I am dowsing a map for. I just have an e-mail address. Some times they tell me that they only use a metal detector but most don’t. I do the maps because it makes me feel useful.
When I dowse maps for meteorites for my own use I ask for meteorites that are less than 1 foot deep. I know that most meteorites that are over 4 feet deep weigh 4 or 5 hundred pounds. I don’t need to know about these because I will not dig them.
The first thing I ask a map is can I, may I and should I….The next question…is there anything of value on this map. From that point on the questions get more specific.

My Grandson told me about a legend of some buried cash near his house. I dowsed a map for him. I told him to wait until I get a chance to go check it out. I know my limitations and can get a closer GPS reading on it. Heck..if he waits tell spring I may even go with him and mark the exact spot for a couple of six packs..Art

aarthrj3811 said:

Hey boogeyman…I don’t know who I am dowsing a map for. I just have an e-mail address. Some times they tell me that they only use a metal detector but most don’t. I do the maps because it makes me feel useful.
When I dowse maps for meteorites for my own use I ask for meteorites that are less than 1 foot deep. I know that most meteorites that are over 4 feet deep weigh 4 or 5 hundred pounds. I don’t need to know about these because I will not dig them.
The first thing I ask a map is can I, may I and should I….The next question…is there anything of value on this map. From that point on the questions get more specific.

My Grandson told me about a legend of some buried cash near his house. I dowsed a map for him. I told him to wait until I get a chance to go check it out. I know my limitations and can get a closer GPS reading on it. Heck..if he waits tell spring I may even go with him and mark the exact spot for a couple of six packs..Art
Hmmmm......... 4 or 5 hundred lb. meteorite, I think I'd try and dig it even by hand. Of course that'd be after I embarassed myself. I did the happy dance for a couple of small ones from Arizona. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back