deleted

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Re: Indoor L-rod practice

Gee Mike…It is pretty simple for me to Dowse indoors…I use two piece’s of masking tape placed in the Cardinal directions on the rug. I put the target on the X made by the tape. This is where the signals will be the strongest. I first check this spot to make sure there are not any signals that may interfere. Unlike my back yard my bedroom is clear of signals except for a meteorite signal. ….Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

The rod I use probably works a whole lot better than what you have. Possibly some sort of grounding wire attached to your ankle might help.

My rods work perfectly for me. Please tell me how grounding my ankle will make me Dowse better…Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Gee Mike…I have been getting the same feelings about you….To much information that confuses people…..I believe if you keep it simple more people will try and succeed at Dowsing…Art

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi fellow dowsers,

First of all I am still a beginner.

I have practiced indoors by going into another room while my wife secretly placed a gold nugget under 1 of 7 overturned dinner plates placed at random around the floor. I was able to find the nugget on the very first try. I was very excited that it worked so easily. After being successful every time this was attempted. ( at least 10 different times over the span of a few days) I feel ready to try it in the field!

I am using a pair of L-Rods that I have made myself from plans off the internet.
The rods are brass the handles are copper. The handle part of the rods measure 5-3/4"
while the long ends measures 18" The copper tubing that the handle part inserts into is
5-1/2"long and nylon bushings allow the rods to swing freely.

While I have read some about the mental part of dowsing, so far it just seems to come naturally, I mean the rods just cross by themselves when I'm over the plate with the nugget underneath!

I'm sure there is no substitute for having real time experience in the field. But I am very encouraged by my indoor practice so far. :)

Buddy~

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Hey Goodyguy….I have rods and dowsing stuff in a draw beside my Computer. When I read or see something that I want to try I just check it out right here in my bedroom. I don’t practice a lot anymore except when I am planning a Dowsing trip. Good luck. Remember that you are the only one you have to prove dowsing works….Art

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Art,

I already know dowsing works I just didn't know weather or not I could do it.
I Know now that I can!

Although I do want to try the plate thing again without the rods just to see if I can "guess" what plate the gold is under.

If I can do it 100% like I did with the rods. Then I "guess" I won't need the rods anymore. ;D

Buddy~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike(Mont)

I want to thank you for your input.
As I said i'm just a beginner and I really value your thoughts. Your challenge was an outstanding idea.

I especially like the idea about using one rod and my left palm. That will be very useful indeed! I also appreciate you taking the time to advise a newbie like me.

Buddy~

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800

From one newbie to another, welcome Buddy 8)

Mike and Art from a way long ago posts in this thread, I hope ya'll aren't ignoring each other any more. Although I do find Mike's and Dell's posts often too much to soak in I'm sure there are others who benefit from them. Art's techniques and postings are much more to my level of understanding so I feel I benefit mostly from his sharing.

"True Dowsing" Dell in my understanding is the one which achieves the desired result regardless of the method. Why do you all (yes you guys) always insist on making distinctions and causing divisions withing the group of all that are supposedly believers and proponents of dowsing? This does nothing but cause confusion to people like me who are new and finding their way. Maybe I should just go buy a book or the learning Dowsing DVD at Target for $149. and leave all this confusion. Nah ;D

Edited to add...If you want to help newbies, you yourself must revert back to when you were one and share from your beginning and not where you are now. There is no way myself or anyone else (newbie) can benefit from the result of 15-40 years of field and forum experience all given from the view of a 15-40 year culmination (end result). I hope that makes sense.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the welcome ArkeGold :)

Wow! Since I first posted here I have been thread surfing around in this Dowsing category and now I,m not sure what to think anymore.
Although there is some good information to be found, I think for my own good that I'll just go back to dowsing on my own and stay away from all the negativity. I wouldn't want to take a chance of ruining my dowsing ability by second guessing everything.
I wish I hadn't even gone near the $1,000,000,00 thread. Although I thought I would take the challenge myself. After reading the rules, especially the one that said you had to be some kind of a media celebrity to qualify, it became clear they didn't want just any ordinary person who could dowse. They wanted a high profile person to discredit for their own reasons. Not just someone who could prove dowsing does work!
Anyway all I wanted was some help and guidance from this forum. Not all the controversy. Where I come from, dowsing is taken for granted. I mean there is not even a question of weather or not it works.

Well thanks again for the help and encouragement Mike(Mont) and Art and for the welcome ArkeGold.

Buddy~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well to tell the truth I don't know what makes the rods cross when they are over the gold nugget. They just do!
I got into this treasure hunting thing a couple of years ago just to have a hobby to keep me active when I retire in 3 years. Hopefully it will be able to pay for itself and help others as well.
In the meantime I have been trying to learn all I can so that when I do go at it full time I'll have a better chance of being successful. Dowsing is just one of the tools I am planning on having in my treasure hunting arsenal. I am mostly interested in gold prospecting but am also into finding lost treasure of all kinds as well.
I found out about Treasure Net a year ago when I subscribed to the lost treasure news letter. Since then I have collected and read almost every Lost Treasure magazine starting with Long John Latham's first Lost Treasure Dec.1975 issue to present!

Buddy~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok back to the subject of indoor dowsing.

Out of curiosity I tried the plates thing again only this time without the rods. I did manage to guess right once out of five tries.

Next I tried five more times using my L- rods. Much better 4 out of 5 times, the time I missed I think was because I just had a feeling I was over the right plate and I somehow forced the rods to cross. (anyway I could tell something was different)

My wife wanted to try so I hid the nugget under one of the plates while she was upstairs. Out of 5 tries she never even got one right. (kinda weird)

Finally I decided to try the more challenging way, of letting her hide the nugget anywhere in the room she wanted to while I was upstairs.

Well I could tell I was kinda guessing where she may have hidden it, but I wasn't getting the rods to cross. Then as I was walking past the dresser the rods would turn toward the dresser as I would walk by. They would only cross when I would stop walking and hold them directly over the corner of the dresser. I thought great I found it!

So I opened the drawers and nothing, still the rods would cross. Then I looked under the dresser. Guess what I found. Her favorite earring that I had bought her for valentines day and she had lost several years ago! (not the gold nugget but still gold)

I did finally find the nugget but I had a couple of false alarms along the way. It was harder than I thought it would be so now I know much more practice is needed than I realized.

Thanks again for your help,

Buddy~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike(Mont) said:
Hey Buddy, at least you know whT is needed. Learning to does by itself is difficult. You gotta really want it.

I know from experience that the more effort you put into learning The more you will learn. Hey I didn't even learn to walk the first time I tried either. First you have to learn to get your own balance and no one can teach you that. Through trial and error you learn what works for you.

I taught myself how to make and play a Native American flute a few years ago. And although I am pretty good at it I am still learning. I'm sure there are numerous ways of learning to play but I found what worked best for me and stuck with it.

To learn from your mistakes I think is very important. So I always go back and try to analyze what went wrong and what it would take to correct it.

Looking back at my "indoor dowsing practice" I realized the main reason for my less than stellar performance was because "I wasn't in the proper frame of mind". Instead of properly preparing myself prior to dowsing, I just went at it headlong with a chip on my shoulder because I was mistakenly trying to prove something to Mike that I was not just guessing and that I could easily pass his challenge.

I let what I mistakingly felt was a negative comment toward my dowsing ability, coupled with the negative comments that I had just recently read in this forum about dowsing and dowsers, cause me to get completely out of the proper frame of mind.

No wonder I had trouble. Looking back I'm surprised I did as well as I did!
Mike, I know you had my best interest at heart and I am grateful for your help. It was my fault because I took the challenge personally and I let my ego take over, instead of clearing my mind of clutter and just focusing on the task at hand. Lesson learned :icon_study: :thumbsup:

Hope this helps someone else keep from making my foolish mistake. You cant just force it to work, you must prepare yourself to allow it to work.

Dell I am receiving a great deal of insight from your and Arts and Mikes comments and I want you all to know how much I appreciate them and value your opinions. It is people like you who make this world a better place, Thank you :icon_sunny:

Buddy~

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

The dowsers are at each other's throats! The gloves are off and they're staring each other down with a steely gaze much like the finish on their coathangers. The accusations are flying like parakeets!! Skeptic or dowser; skeptic or dowser!?! The lines are blurring and the ignore buttons are clicking madly!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike(Mont) said:
Some people like to hold one rod down at their side. AKA a dip wire , it has been around since the 1960's at least. You might be able to feel the rod swinging back and forth, but it's not easy to do if you are walking. Actually a dip wire was originally used by itself. One guy had a device with ten or twelve wires sort of like a long, very narrow bird cage he would hold down at his side. I built one and found out I like my bare left hand much better, much more sensitive. So to each his own, but don't get locked into one way without trying out other techniques.
Mike can you clarify your technique for using one hand. Are you holding your hand out as an antenna or down to your side?

I remeber seeing the guys dip rod. Reminded me of antennas on some of the ships.

Thanks!

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dowsing indoors is difficult, unless your just practicing, and you know where your target is. You can also set your target outside, and practice inside.. But if your trying to locate something that might or might not be in or around your house, it would only be possible to find if the signal strength is stronger than all the other Dowsible anomolies...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

Hey dowser….One of the most common things that bothers me is Automobile's . My son tells me that those air bags have gold in them….Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Art.. I never checked my truck for a light gold signal, but i wouldn't be supprised to find one..
I was scanning for Iridium a few months ago, looking for meteorites, and got led to the rear end of a friends new lawn tractor.. It must have some in there...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

I first notice that I had a new gold signal in my test garden. The lady next door had just bought a new Audi. When she went to work the signal was gone. So I started to check cars. Some have enough gold to cross the rods and others do not. My GPS can interfere with the rods except it is just a small problem….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread