March 14th , 1yr since FBI dig at Dents Run , TIME IS UP , Its time we talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
He knows better, however with all the free pot shots being thrown around, he will likely pop in here soon enough and end up getting punished.

Couple of things: Yes, I noticed that dissenting views *seemed* to be getting allowed on this latest thread on the subject. And sure, I would love to add my thoughts on some of what's being said. But ... no .... I have resisted all-but a token sentence or two. I think the facts are speaking loudly for themselves already. :hello:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Couple of things: Yes, I noticed that dissenting views *seemed* to be getting allowed on this latest thread on the subject. And sure, I would love to add my thoughts on some of what's being said. But ... no .... I have resisted all-but a token sentence or two. I think the facts are speaking loudly for themselves already. :hello:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA I love it! It's hard to sit there ole buddy isn't it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet Tom has "the shakes" by now LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I Don't Care who you are !

That's Funny ! Sorry Tom :coffee2:

Seriously ! Only Member with "Special Status" is FK, because it's his thread.
he doesn't Break rules though so it's a non issue.

& Yes IF I See what I Consider an attack on his word, You can be assured I will delete it !

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper , did you ever submit any FOIA requests on the subject, I am sure you have, but wondering if you got anywhere with that...best of luck on this endevour! Keep us posted!

My lawyer has filed FOIA paper work many times against DCNR and the FBI to get info in their files. On March 18th he files our brief and that the end of the paperwork then we sit and wait for a answer.. If we do not get what we want then we will do what we can to get this into Federal Court. We will do everything to get to the truth of what happened at Dents Run.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly.
That's the elephant in the room. Who cares about the "found" vs. "located".
Or shooting holes in the legend.

There is a huge mystery here as to why the FBI responded to FK in such a show of force.
That doesn't happen very often, I'm sure. They were provided something other than an interesting story.

I'm appreciative that info is being given and there are some pics of the dig.

FK is not required to share info here, in fact he is probably taking some liability in doing so.
I think people should keep that in mind and try to be civil.

Thank You , To many members here are not getting the story right and they start saying things that are so wrong, Hay so be it to them , I can not go back and tell the story over and over again, sorry .
There is a reason I posted the pictures of the first hole dig. And yes I think the scan will prove their was no more gold found or located at 3' to 4' down . WE believe someone put the metal in that area a few years ago. This is part of what the investigation is about , and that's all I will say for now. I did not show all the pictures of that dig because things happen that we need to hold back on for now. So say what you want , we have the proof and soon I hope to show it all. I come here and bash the FBI and DCNR big time and why do I do it, Because I have the proof, You try what I am doing and see what happens. If they come at me , Then I will tell it all and I am sure they don't want that to happen. :occasion14:

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't Care who you are !

That's Funny ! Sorry Tom :coffee2:

Seriously ! Only Member with "Special Status" is FK, because it's his thread.
he doesn't Break rules though so it's a non issue.

& Yes IF I See what I Consider an attack on his word, You can be assured I will delete it !

At this point, how could anyone question something BIG did not go down? Or you think FK hired actors?

The FBI was there to investigate a possible treasure and the involvement of DCNR's possible meddling.
We know there were artifacts, readings for gold & Silver and a skeleton.
What would cause the FBI to mislead FK, then take whatever they found? And then Hush Hush...?

Only a fortune would be my first conclusion.
Maybe the skeleton is someone famous?
A meteorite?
Any other ideas?

Your Bud Aurum

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far u have shown no proof of treasure ...i hope you do have REAL legal photos of on site gold bars being removed and your lawyer finds grounds for a suit ... those gold bars if they exist are still us government property ( like the ones in fort knox) ...this case might drag on for many years good luck (but i think this is plain waste of tax payers money )

I do disagree with this part to an extent. While I do not want the government chasing treasure legends, if the FBI received a credible lead on missing United States gold and spent $500,000 (the random number being guesstimated) for $400 million (another guesstimate) in bullion to add to its coffers, then I would say that is a great ROI.

That said, we have not seen that figure A has led to figure B.

I just don't see this potential cache OF THEIR OWN MONEY worth being so secretive about. "Thanks to leads, we found our missing money" is simple enough. FK has absolutely no stake to this claim other than getting credit for finding it, if found. Occam's Razor suggests that there really was nothing there because there is no point in hiding that they found it. It's not even a huge dollar amount when talking in government terms.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point, how could anyone question something BIG did not go down? Or you think FK hired actors?

The FBI was there to investigate a possible treasure and the involvement of DCNR's possible meddling.
We know there were artifacts, readings for gold & Silver and a skeleton.
What would cause the FBI to mislead FK, then take whatever they found? And then Hush Hush...?

Only a fortune would be my first conclusion.
Maybe the skeleton is someone famous?
A meteorite?
Any other ideas?

Your Bud Aurum

I don't think anyone is arguing that the FBI was on site. I also don't think anyone is arguing that they were there to investigate the possibility of a cache of their lost funds.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so someone buried 2 metal objects in the 1st hole area at 3' to 4' down , then in the silver area were someone dug back a few years ago we now have iron readings at 7' down under and this is were the silver is at 12'. Never had iron reading before they dug up our site. The FBI was to remove the iron from all holes to date it and prove if my police report back a few years ago was right. If the people that dug at the site made it down to 7' did they remove anything:dontknow: if so how much and were did it go. This is just part of the investigation they were to do. We had some illegal offers to go and dig the site up, NO BOND NEEDED, just dig and go but there was a price to pay. NEED I SAY MORE. This is going to make a great movie some day. AS I said before there are things we can not talk about YET.

Tomorrow I may post 1 more picture of them at hole 1
:icon_scratch: still thinking about it .

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do disagree with this part to an extent. While I do not want the government chasing treasure legends, if the FBI received a credible lead on missing United States gold and spent $500,000 (the random number being guesstimated) for $400 million (another guesstimate) in bullion to add to its coffers, then I would say that is a great ROI.

That said, we have not seen that figure A has led to figure B.

I just don't see this potential cache OF THEIR OWN MONEY worth being so secretive about. "Thanks to leads, we found our missing money" is simple enough. FK has absolutely no stake to this claim other than getting credit for finding it, if found. Occam's Razor suggests that there really was nothing there because there is no point in hiding that they found it. It's not even a huge dollar amount when talking in government terms.

Assuming something was found, there is a certain burden of proof required to determine ownership. That's true no matter who's involved.
A court of law determines this. Not even the government is exempt from this process.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming something was found, there is a certain burden of proof required to determine ownership. That's true no matter who's involved.
A court of law determines this. Not even the government is exempt from this process.

I agree with you 100 percent.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Ok, I can't resist. I must input. And will do it *respectfully* :

There seems to be a lot of weight-of-evidence granted to the reality of a treasure , by virtue of all the LEO attention. Which would go along with the notion of: "Where there's smoke, there's fire". Right ? Ie.: The govt. would not be wasting all this time and money, if there wasn't something of great interest there. Right ?

To that I would say 2 things:

a) Do a google word search on "examples of govt. wasted money". And see all the humorous examples. And then ... you tell me: Does the govt. ever waste time and money ? I think you will see: Yes they do.

b) Don't forget: FK spent years "rattling chains" . Since 2012, to be exact. According the time-lines he's posted. Eg.: Alerting govt. people all over that "there's a treasure here". And alerting the media. And hiring lawyers, etc... So you tell me: What is the source of the "fire" ? I can ... likewise ...., if you give me enough years, get govt. people to go to any random spot in the USA too. This was illustrated in posts # 208 & 209.

THIS ISN'T TO SAY THAT THERE'S NOT A TREASURE !!
All I'm trying to say is: Don't think media and LEO "smoke" does ...... of necessity ... mean : "something has to be there". There are other possible explanations.

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all hope everyone is well. Though I've not commented before, I've followed this story when it first broke last year and have been anticipating the conclusion. I have to say all the build up has been a disappointment as I was expecting to see a picture of some treasure on March 14. I know I have the right not to read nor reply to this subject, however I have invested a year in keeping up with the story and feel let down. No offense to anyone, nor am I saying there is or is not a treasure; but all I see are a bunch of guys standing around a hole. I see no evidence of anything. FK I am sure you put a lot of research into finding this site to dig. That takes a lot of determination and work. However can you show us one picture with a piece of gold or silver or something that is man made that came out of that hole? If the FBI is trying to keep you from telling the story, leaking one pic might get them thinking twice if they cant silence you. Hope to see some hard evidence soon. Thank you.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800

There seems to be a lot of weight-of-evidence granted to the reality of a treasure , by virtue of all the LEO attention. Which would go along with the notion of: "Where there's smoke, there's fire". Right ? Ie.: The govt. would not be wasting all this time and money, if there wasn't something of great interest there. Right ?

To that I would say 2 things:

a) Do a google word search on "examples of govt. wasted money". And see all the humorous examples. And then ... you tell me: Does the govt. ever waste time and money ? I think you will see: Yes they do.

b) Don't forget: FK spent years "rattling chains" . Since 2012, to be exact. According the time-lines he's posted. Eg.: Alerting govt. people all over that "there's a treasure here". And alerting the media. And hiring lawyers, etc... So you tell me: What is the source of the "fire" ? I can ... likewise ...., if you give me enough years, get govt. people to go to any random spot in the USA too. This was illustrated in posts # 208 & 209.

THIS ISN'T TO SAY THAT THERE'S NOT A TREASURE !!
All I'm trying to say is: Don't think media and LEO "smoke" does ...... of necessity ... mean : "something has to be there". There are other possible explanations.

WAY TO BUCKLE! The shakes got ya! I don't wanna say i saw this coming... but...

Anyway, this story is important history either way and I can't wait to see it's conclusion!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nobody EVER looked outside the box..and you call yourself....treasure hunters...

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

THIS ISN'T TO SAY THAT THERE'S NOT A TREASURE !![/B] [/SIZE] All I'm trying to say is: Don't think media and LEO "smoke" does ...... of necessity ... mean : "something has to be there". There are other possible explanations.

Hi Tom,
A little smoke?
I heard 30+ agents and armored vehicles. (if reports are to be believed)
We would need the National Guard had it been more than a little smoke.
What else needs that kind of protection? and your right, many possible explanations.
How about a plausible explanation.
I would think if it was a dead end investigation, there would have been no reason to call in armored vehicles.
Armored vehicles is what gets me, for what?

Your Bud Aurum

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
A member has pointed out that am being rude ...i want to say am sorry to all members and the FBI and forest dept ....i guess it ok to watch fake news

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... A little smoke?....

Here's a real life example:

A few months ago, I pulled up to my place of business, at about 2am. And I could see a vehicle parked on the street in front of our business. And as I pulled up along the curb to park, someone emerged from the shadows , of where we park our equipment. He got in the passenger side of vehicle, and the occupants drove off .

Since our business had been the subject of thefts in the past (stolen batteries, etc...), I figured I had JUST stumbled on to thieves, that I had now caught in the act. So I began to follow the vehicle, while furiously on the phone with 911. The vehicle drove along with its lights off, speeding up, trying to evade me. And the entire time, driving through city streets, and out on to country roads, I was on the phone with the police dispatch. Telling them I had just caught burglars in the act, and now I'm chasing them, etc....

After about 5 minutes, when we were now out on country roads, the police joined in the pursuit. 3 police cars got the guy pulled over, so I dropped back, and let them take over from there. They had the guy surrounded, lit up, roads blocked now, etc.... I returned to my business. When I got there, there was another cop car there. I guess because I had given that address as the start of where I began the chase. The cop wanted to take stock of whatever was stolen. As he and I were talking, I looked down at the ground where the vehicle had been parked. I saw a condom. And then .... looking over our vehicles, I could see that none of them were bothered.

It became clear to me then, that this was just a guy and a gal who were .... uh ...... doing their thing. And that perhaps the guy had just left the vehicle to take a whizz. In other words, no crime (except the crime of littering, for tossing his condom).

Ok, there's an example of how: If someone had stumbled upon this scene (multiple cop cars, lights, etc ....) they would possibly assume "gee, there must've been a big bank heist or crime". Yet .... as you can see ...... just a matter of how I portrayed it in my over-zealous state of mind, to the 911 people. I was *CONVINCED* I had interrupted a crime in progress. But ... obviously...... a more plausible explanation existed.

SO AGAIN: Not all "smoke" (even when it's a LOT of smoke), necessarily means: Fire.

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
It's really awesome seeing the trail cams pictures. It's very obvious that the cameras were pointed in the right direction to capture every move the FBI made in the dig area, probably on purpose just in case the FBI tried to screw FK out of the gold, silver, etc. Any potential images captured would support the fact that the FBI made off with the gold.
It had to be a possible scenario running through someone's mind, why else would those cameras be purposely focused in on that particular area?

Yet, not one single image of the "Choppers over the convoy" (that's plural), "9 military vehicles", (Hummers and Cargo Vans), "30 black SUVS", "3 armored trucks and more". "The armored trucks convoy was rolling Wed the 14th at 8:00am."

Plenty of daylight, plenty of eyeballs...FinderKeeper crew, neighbors, press, etc., not one image.

I live in a small town that frequently has to use a Med Evac helicopter to transport sick and/or injured to nearby critical care facilities. With a straight face, I can tell you that nearly the entire town shows up to witness, watch, film and photograph a very routine helicopter landing and takeoff. Some of us see it coming in, some of us hear it, and just to be safe, everyone is calling everyone to make sure that it's landing, just in case someone didn't see or hear it.

I just can't imagine how something that big in a small Pennsylvania town was missed by the ever watchful eye of the citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread