coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this old train signal today at a train shop. I believe it was made by Marx. The guy I bought it from said it was the only manual train signal he has seen. Can you guys help me with an idea of value, maybe of age?

IMG_5359.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5359[1].JPG
    IMG_5359[1].JPG
    337 KB · Views: 96

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The signal piece is probably worth $10-$20 itself, plus it's in very good condition. If it had its box, it could bring more.
If you don't mind, I'd be interested in seeing the Lesney cars too.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
coinsareawesome

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two lesney-matchbox cars I got were a Series 24 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (red paint, missing wheel:BangHead:) and a Series 58 Daf Girder Truck (white paint).

IMG_5360.JPG

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too bad.
I hate when I get home from a yard sale and I look at my find to realize "Oh no! It's missing a piece, and it's broken"
I do that all the time.
I actually have that same Rolls Royce, in the same red color.
:hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this old train signal today at a train shop. I believe it was made by Marx. The guy I bought it from said it was the only manual train signal he has seen. Can you guys help me with an idea of value, maybe of age?
metal_detector.gif
Take a look at EBay: MIXED LOT OF 1950's MARX ? TIN LITHOGRAPH MECHANICAL TRAIN SET ACCESSORIES - US $135.00.

Last edited:

Pistareen

Greenie
Jul 29, 2010
The Marx semaphore is at least "O" Gauge if not at home with standard gauge while the cars are about HO in scale. You must have a broad collecting basis to buy both. I collected Lesney-Matchbox back in the mid sixties and have them all for a run of years as far as I know. Hot Wheels came out in 1967 which sent Matchbox into a tailspin until they came out with Superfast which killed their "realism" for use on model railroads in my opinion. The cars have only have "play value" left in them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread