Mason jar by old Oak tree

C

chaintown

I found a mason jar by a oak tree in my woods the tree is about 4 1/2 foot in diameter it is very big and very old. The mason jar was about 1 foot away from the tree and about 6-8 inches down in the ground standing up. The jar's bottom was broken off and missing. Could this have been a cache? I would appreciate any help in determining what to do in this situation.

Upvote 0
M

mattjd

Hello. Well two possible situations. One thing that might have happened is that the owner of the cache decided to hide the cache somewhere else so he dug up the jar, broke open the bottom, and just put the bottle back in the hole as a means of disposal. Then he hid the cache somewere else on his property. Or, mabee he needed the money to spend so dug it up and spent it. Matt

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What to do in this situation??? LOL Keep hunting! What solution are you looking for?

It's possible that this jar is just trash and coincidentally by a tree.

If there isn't any money then there isn't any money. Move on to the next one. :)

Good luck!!! LOL

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Did some research in your area. Found out guy was trying to kill some trees with his wife's canned brussel sprouts.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Maybe the guy learned that metal detectors had been invented and he dug up his money and bought a detector.

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
hit on a good signal tofay it was a can. Dug it up and saw another and another so in all I dug up 6 different cans and guess what? They were all full of dirt but after the first I had to dig the rest because you never know.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread