Masonic chapter penny

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's something I know nothing about. But when I saw it
in a bag at a thrift store I had to buy it. Dated 49 so I'm guessing 1849. DC. With a bunch of letters around it? I'm not sure what it means yet. Wondering if anyone has any idea. I just thought it was neat and had to share.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500758736.644058.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500758756.947380.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have any idea as to the Masonic Order or Chapter but because it was stamped into a Large Cent planchet with the Reverse still intact, it is likely worth much more than the mere dated Large Cent that was used.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any idea as to the Masonic Order but because it was stamped into a Large Cent planchet with the Reverse still intact, it is likely worth much more than the mere dated Large Cent that was used.

Frank

Thank you. It was in my grandma's jewelry box. I don't know where she came up with it.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
HTWSSTKS is an acronym with connections to the Masonic Temple, specificallyRoyal Arch Masons. The letters stand for, “Hiram, Tyrian, Widow’s Son, Sent to King Solomon.” According to legend, Hiram was chief architect for the Temple of King Solomon. When bad guys tried to squeeze the secret masonic passwords out of Hiram, he valiantly refused to tell them. As a result, the bad guys killed poor Hiram. In Masonic teachings, Hiram’s story is held up as an example of loyalty.
Don........
Source: Historic Cemetery Symbols: The Acronym "HTWSSTKS" & Its Meaning | Tui Snider - author & speaker

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Different chapters issued the same token. The St. Augustine chapter token comes up on ebay from time to time. It sells for about $8 each time. They are cool, but since I've seen it so many times, the "coolness" factor has faded.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. It was in my grandma's jewelry box. I don't know where she came up with it.

I thought you said you bought it at a thrift store? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you said you bought it at a thrift store? :icon_scratch:

I don't know I confuse myself I guess. It was in my grand mom's jewelry box I don't know why I said store. I think the last bag of coins had something like that from the thrift store but sorry. I've been so busy trying to catch up been gone for 20 days I took a break and I guess my mind is not working!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread