mass hunting

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so yesterday I got two boxes from my bank and all i found was 1967 and 1971 S proof. I was wondering how to find more than what I did yesterday is there a strategy? should I go for smaller banks or big names? is it because of my area? when I started dumping the previous batches of half dollars, most tellers from different banks told me that they dont see many half dollars around and that the half dollar bags in the coin counter rarely fill up until I came that day :tongue3: i was thinking not many coin roll hunters are in my area..is this a good sign? should I order more from the same bank?

last weeks 2 boxes were great IMO found several silvers in those..yesterday was not anywhere close to that..first box had no silver at all..second box was as mentioned earlier...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Be happy you found silver at all..
You will get a lot of skunk boxes if you do this for very long at all. It happens.
Just had 5 skunk boxes myself.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
And If I were you, I'd try to buy the bag of half dollars from the machine. I've gotta really lucky with those.
Take a box of 500 and top it off

OP
OP
fingerscrossed

fingerscrossed

Apr 22, 2012
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you know, it has no AG in it, but still a keeper.

thanks for the tip. I read that somewhere on this forum so I decided to keep it. I'm not sure what its worth I don't intend to sell these coins just yet anyway..I'll hold on to these for a long time that's the plan now at least.

I wanted to actually buy that bag of halves but I wasn't sure if they will allow me I guess next time I need to ask. i saw someone in youtube who got that bag and got 190/2000 silver halves!

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The size or name of the bank dosent really matter, they all have silver pass through them, its just about being there to grab it when it happens. Like the old saying goes "Silver is where you find it!"

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a good proof half dollar can sell for probrably $2, $3 max, the book value is way too high. You can buy the 1971 proof set for $6 at local auctions, and that includes more than just the half dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread