Maximum Sluice Length in CA

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No limit Dox.

Not much advantage to running longer sluices. If they are designed right you shouldn't need more than about 4 foot.

OP
OP
D

Dox

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2013
CNY
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks @Clay Diggins. Has anyone ever done any sluicing near Colusa or Williams, CA?

fuseboxxx

May 6, 2013
I found a $400 dollar nugget at Cache Creek two years ago. Heard it was closed down last year though.

Kind of convenient that someone finds good gold and all of a sudden they close it. I swear the govt wants to control all of the gold bearing areas like national parks. Army corp of engineers areas and so on. I see a pattern and I don't like it

NorCalNugs

Greenie
Nov 12, 2013
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you close a creek? I know for a fact I could hike from the bear creek and cache creek confluence that makes lower cache creek and not get spotted. Plus I also know someone who owns land out there, a location would be really useful.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
I was driving by the other day and saw some guys bottle digging and holding up some nice looking whiskey bottles. Right after it takes off of 20 and starts to narrow are some scrub trees on the west between the road and the creek. They where diggin in there.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are awfully specific directions to someones bottle dig, and odds are
they've put in much effort to locate it. They might even be members of this
site. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread