Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Florida, Palm Beach Gardens
Detector(s) used
custom made
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advice

Heading to Alabama gold camp this Monday wondering if anyone has any advice for a greenhorn like me. I've been test panning in my local creeks with no colors at the bottom :( . I just want to see some color to give me more of an idea of what to look for when out exploring on my own.

if you buy just a cheap dowsing rod's , and find someone to show you a basic dowsing techniques , you would never have the problems you mention. :headbang:

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
I'm not a warlock I can't use dowsing rods. I've seen it done before for my well tho

rvhunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
custom made
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you can't, dowsing rods can be used for just about anything, you just have to know how . Pretty much all dowsers know how to track gold ,because gold beside the water is the easiest target . To bad you are to far , otherwise I could show you some things with the dowsing rods that you would be very surprised ,,,and your opinion regarding this would definitely change for ever . Anyway you can take this as an advice or you can just reject ,,,,,,,your choice

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
Did not know that, thought it was just used for finding energy and water sources. Learn something new every day. The guy that did our well used copper rods. How do you know what your hitting on tho? Dose it just have a different felling about it

rvhunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
custom made
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not an different feeling , I do dowsing for 30+ years and before I started I learn a lot from my family that was doing that for many generations. It is not important the composition of the rods , they can be made even from wood, but when you add something to the tip of the rod's, that would make a big difference in dowsing. This is only one of the three possible ways of dowsing ,,,,,,and is not the best one , but this way almost anybody can do the dowsing,,,, and the other two ways depend of every individual. Good and complete dowser has to be able to move the rods with his own mind power ,,,,,,fast and with no mistake's , but during the dowsing he have to think and be concentrated only on the composition he is searching for,,,,,,,,,,,and that could be anything :-)))

rvhunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
custom made
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-) ,,,,,for gold panning you don't need to be an expert dowser . All you need you can learn within a day or two ,,,,,and then your pan will never be without the colors at the bottom :-) Good luck !

cmattdvc

Greenie
Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to the gold camp, you will find gold. Me and my son are there at least once a month and we've gotten gold every time. Just ask them at the store to help you with your panning and the will be more than happy.

This is from the last couple trips. Some where around 25 buckets of dirt. It's not a lot, but it is gold!

image.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the Alabama Gold Camp has done a lot to improve everything since i was there back when they first opened up.and i had a great time there back then! it ought to be real good now!

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
From all of the reviews that I've read it is a nice place. I've been using freegoldmaps.com to get an idea of where to start looking on my own. I'm really just looking to go to Alabama gold camp to have some colors at the bottom of my pan to have a better understanding of what to look for

st1ss

Apr 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
2 Tesoros
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will definately test your resolve. The guy at the office will tell you where they have piled up some material to run. The flour gold there is found in the cracks of the bedrock (like almost everywhere else. There is also something there like platinum? Super tiny silver colored stuff. I have done as well panning the stuff they pile up for the powered sluicebox people. You won't get rich there but you can learn the moves. Good luck!

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
That's all im looking for to gain experience that and I enjoy the peacefulness of the woods. I work 12 hour swing shifts 48-60 hours a week at a steel mill in Birmingham so peace and quite is all I'm really looking for.

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
Cmattdvc- how your boy taking to it I know last time we talked y'all where about to head down there

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's all im looking for to gain experience that and I enjoy the peacefulness of the woods. I work 12 hour swing shifts 48-60 hours a week at a steel mill in Birmingham so peace and quite is all I'm really looking for.

Wow, I sure relate to you on this...getting out on the creek is my mental therapy. If I get grumpy, my wife tells me to go digging!

OP
OP
howells320

howells320

Mar 27, 2013
Good woman we have a 10 month old boy at the house so she still needs my help from time to time. Wish I could spend more time out there maybe when he get older

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By the time he is 5 you'll be able to bring him along. One of my prospector friends has a 7 year old and has been bringing her along for a couple years..what a laugh she is on the creek. A good reminder to relax and have fun too! Oh, and yes, she is a good Panner!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread