KFR2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
T Witko said:
The real spooky thing is that it's deep - and 3D. When you hold it at different angles, you see other features and the eyes are always looking right at you.

That is the coolest thing that I have ever seen! Do you think that their is any way that they could have looked at the piece of stone before it was worked, and planed the shadow like figure? If so, what a genius. Well, what a genius any way, to survive T Totally on natural elements. Just to think, when most people are asked about art, the Mona Lisa comes to mind. That scraper is true art. Nice nice find. Keep em coming !!

OP
OP
T Witko

T Witko

Jul 22, 2010
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
NC field hunter said:
That is the coolest thing that I have ever seen! Do you think that their is any way that they could have looked at the piece of stone before it was worked, and planed the shadow like figure? If so, what a genius. Well, what a genius any way, to survive T Totally on natural elements. Just to think, when most people are asked about art, the Mona Lisa comes to mind. That scraper is true art. Nice nice find. Keep em coming !!

I doubt that who ever made it did realize that the shadow figure was there. It's just one of those wierd "natural" things and I just happened to get a photo at an angle that made it appear.
When I picked this piece up it was very dirty and only kept it because it was a piece of clear petrified wood. When I got it home cleaned it and looked at it closely I saw that it actually was a scraper. I didn't notice the shadow until I snapped the photo trying to show how translucent it is.

Last edited:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm doubt that who ever made it didn't realize that the shadow figure was there. It's just one of those wierd "natural" things and I just happened to get a photo at an angle that made it appear.
When I picked this piece up it was very dirty and only kept it because it was a piece of clear petrified wood. When I got it home cleaned it and looked at it closely I saw that it actually was a scraper. I didn't notice the shadow until I snapped the photo trying to show how translucent it is.

i agree kelly, i don't think the maker saw it either, just a piece of PW
never the less it's cool man...and a great conversation piece

kinda funny how it is easier to see when you back away from the screen about 5 feet

now in your 2nd post of images
image#3 appears to be gazing intently (with slight anger) at the face in image #4

the person in #3 is thinking "just cuz i'm whistling now you gotta whistle too?"....."Copy Cat!!"

Last edited:

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
I agree it look's natural, the maker prob. didn't notice it when he made the piece. I have to agree that is a very unusual piece.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
T Witko said:
I doubt that who ever made it did realize that the shadow figure was there. It's just one of those wierd "natural" things and I just happened to get a photo at an angle that made it appear.

That is the spirit just making his presence known. A reminder of sorts. I'm glad that the creator of this piece and all of them were able to leave their mark on this earth. May they, in death, get the respect that they should have had in life.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
remember right after you found that baby?
we were holding every agate and PW piece that we found up to the light and sometimes seeing something

you are right we don't think the maker saw that

just a little good clean fun right my friend?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread