Maybe a collection of the dumb things we do while metal detecting.....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Duh....

Yesterday I hit the soil carrying my brand new tack puller for popping targets out of the ground with minimumal turf damage:

index.jpg

Somewhere in that grass I lost my tack puller, covered all the ground (apparently not ALL), and couldn't find it - even with my detector....

So, duh.......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I always hit my head more often when wearing a hard hat. Jacked my neck a few times because of the extra inch and a half. Hard hats are dangerous! :laughing7:

Yep! My 40 years in construction - just how many brain concussions did I have? Even just getting in car after work!

Ya'll need to give me a little tolerances here, I'm BRAIN DAMAGED!!!!

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a nice little honey hole at the base of a tree in the middle of summer. Already had 2 barber dimes in my pocket when I found a third signal. Did I dig carefully? Of course I didn't! The ground was parched dry so i stabbed at it angrily with my shovel, all of a sudden something flew out and bonked me on the forehead. It was an 1893 barber quarter... with a shiny new zing from my digger!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DeepSeeker; welcome to the Club.!!!! :tongue3: PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It was an 1893 barber quarter... with a shiny new zing from my digger!

That's pretty darned bad, danged! I hate chiseling this darned near concrete clay dirt just 2 - 3" down here when it's dry. It's been the mid 90's here for the spread of a few weeks, and now we're in the rainy season - can't wait for those old spots!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DEEPSEEKER; Here in Boston we have had 3 Heat Waves. One day was 100F. That is unheard of here. Boston is in a SEVERE Drought. Now we are going into our 4th Heat wave. It's crazy here. Boston is usually 75 - 80F this time of year with a 10 - 15 mph wind. There is no wind either. The folks here are dying. Hugging our ac's. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew Ron! My upstairs room here under a tin roof and zero insulation has me running a fan and a window air conditioner maybe 3'-6" from my right shoulder. If it hit 100 up this holler I'd have to go lay in the creek!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Yup, It's BRUTAL here too. Running the AC 24 / 7. My Electric bill has gone through the roof. I'm only running errands on an AS NEEDED basis. EARLY in the mornings. It's crazy.!!! PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; Yup, It's BRUTAL here too. Running the AC 24 / 7. My Electric bill has gone through the roof. I'm only running errands on an AS NEEDED basis. EARLY in the mornings. It's crazy.!!! PEACE:RONB

July 13th was my last dirt digging. Since then I've only gone in the water, so that's 26 days of the weather now. That's a danged month! I so wanted to go out today, but now the rains are here. 9 of the next 10 days predict storms. But at least it will be cooler - generally anyway. Gets hot, the storms pop!

It's a month of wasted Summer right now. Hopefully your corner of the world will be at least a tad better!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always hit my head more often when wearing a hard hat. Jacked my neck a few times because of the extra inch and a half. Hard hats are dangerous! :laughing7:

:laughing7: Yep!!! And anyone that knows...Understands exactly what your saying!!! I don't know how many times I hit hard enough to jar my teeth...:laughing7: Walking around or under, through steel structures and whammm....."Oh, ya, the stupid hat again!!"..I was before that law really was enforced, so I had a little time already crawling around, then they cracked down on the hard hats? And I was hitting my head everywhere after we had to wear them! :laughing7:

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We owned a German Shepard for eight years! The have amazing bite strength don't they! This is just my experience with em and they are great dogs but they are a bit skiddish at times. Ours never even snapped at anyone but scared the daylights out of the pizza delivery guys! It got to the point where we had to pick up pizza from the local pizza joint because the drivers there wouldn't even park their cars in the driveway. Being the amazing guard dog that he was Vito would frequently trap the delivery guy in his car!!!
Again he never really snapped at anyone! In fact on one occasion a buddy of mine took a slice of pizza right out of the dogs mouth without any negative consequences.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhh, so THAT explains the signature.

Top, I'm not sure how to take that.

Yes, I'm a Christian and I believe for many many reasons - since birth.

And I did two combat tours in Vietnam and Cambodia with the 4th Infantry. I've earned the right to be a patriot as well.

Let's not allow this to go any deeper.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Top; From what I see on DEEPSEEKERS Avatar. I see a Form of the Celtic Cross. My Respects to DEEPSEEKER. Nice Cross. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen this thread for awhile and have soooo been wishing I had something to post on topic

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen this thread for awhile and have soooo been wishing I had something to post on topic

Well Jeff, if you're a klutz like me you're getting out more now, and you my friend will have something to tell us sooner or later!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
actually the ground is sooo hard here I have been slacking
but soon I will be on the beach, I love digging sand!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread