Maybe diamonds and gold?...and an impossible find!!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWMBO was in a benevolent mood this afternoon and said, "Why don't you go hunting for a little while? Go relax after the hectic Christmas." I know, way down deep inside, she was thinking....Heh, it's freezing outside, he won't want to get out in this weather! Wrong!! Heck, I had to try out my new knee pads that I bought myself for Christmas!! (BTW, they work great! Almost an hour and a half of hunting and didn't have to pull them up once! Sears Craftsman Professional, Gel System Plus. They have a single velcro connection, easy on, easy off and they stay in place!!) Anyway, I headed for the favorite soccer complex because it is very close. Picked up a quarter, nickel and two pennies.....then a really strange signal. It was strong, but, bouincing from 20 to 71 regardless of swing direction or mode. I just had to see what was doing this! Pro Pointer pinpointed the signal, not very deep.....pulled a little plug and HOLY MOLEY!.....looks like GOLD!.........and DIAMONDS!!!

1226diamclose1.jpg
1226diamclose2.jpg

Not having a loupe with me and I can't see very well, I could only tell that it did have a mark inside........after I got home, my loupe showed me "GNS" on the inside.......what the heck does that mean?? I could not find anything using Google. I'm suspecting it isn't GOLD! And, I counted what looks like 12 little diamonds!!

1226GNSclose2.jpg
1226GNS1.jpg

Anyone familiar with this mark?

Then the impossible find.........still on the soccer field, I hit another strange signal, a lot of 24 to 36 numbers that would null the signal when moving the coil only a fraction of an inch, regardless of swing direction. Again, I have to see what can cause this, so, I dig. Pulling a small plug, the PP sounded off on the dirt in hand....a little squeeze and out pops a nickel! Cool! I love finding nickels! Then I broke the first rule of detecting, I put the plug back, stood up and swung over the spot again, just for funs. The same signals! I pull the same plug back out, put the PP in the hole and it starts singing.....a little scoop of dirt and two more nickels! Wow, three in one hole....that's a first for me! I sat the PP down close to the plug and it began to sing again......what the heck? Another nickel! Now, we're talking 4 nickels from the same plug/hole! Having learned my lesson, I put the PP back into the hole and dang if it didn't start singing again! Another scoop with the knife and to my amazement.......2 more nickels!! 6 nickels in one hole!! Got to call Guiness when I get home. To make this drawn out story short(er), I put the PP back into the hole 5 more times. The next 4 times resulted in 4 more nickels and the fifth time it was finally quiet. Just to be safe, I swept the hole with the F75 and no more tones. 10 nickels from one hole! None of them were next to each other, just in a cluster, very close to one another. I'd put up a pic, but, we all know what nickels look like. I wish I had been putting this one on video........it has to be some sort of a record!!

Just over an hour, I have 2 quarters, 6 pennies, 11 nickels and an earring of questionable value (it sure looks like gold and small diamonds!!!)

What an amazing day!! Best wishes to all..........

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One way to know for sure Get it tested and the stones also HH Chug most jewelery shops will test it for free!!! I have never been charged for testing Just mention that you might be selling it for scrap gold!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure is a beautiful find, hope they turn out to be real diamonds for you! :icon_thumright:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find !!!

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there one of those parks in Lufkin? ;D

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
m bryan said:
Are there one of those parks in Lufkin? ;D

There probably is, maybe even a better one! I have hunted this park since I got this (my first) detector, five months ago and have never come home empty handed. There are a lot of coins at 5-6", probably from when the park first opened and a lot more coins from surface to 5". This park has been hit HARD by many, many detectors and I still never fail to find something, even if just a handful of clad. I've never found any silver coins, but, have found a number of silver rings, earrings and now this "maybe" gold. I'm still learning this F75, but, doing well!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just start out I found this while out metal detecting!!! then be really nice and they will check it out for you just make sure your not imposing on normal sales bring them something every few weeks and they will always be excited as you were when you found it !!! Chug Just lay on the charm!!! It works!!! Red says I can be very charming When Im excited!! No don't go there Chug HH Chug

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Amigo!
Real deal or not, still a terrific find.
One of the first tests you can do to determine whether it is real is simply try a magnet.
If the ring is attracted to the magnet, it ain't gold.

Because I find a lot of gold myself, and because there are some items marked like gold that ain't,
I bought a cheapie acid test kit. Cost me around $15 bucks. Comes with 10k, 14k and 18k acids.
If I have any question, I test the pieces I find to determine whether the gold is real or just looks good.
It is easy to do, and you get an answer right away.

Hope for you they are the real deal, and will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, I think you found a bling earring. They are popular here in Europe and I have found several of them. Two I found claim to be silver but, the marking is usually on the stud, yours seems to be missing. HH, Mike

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
This is costume jewelry, and the stones are glued-in rhinestones. Diamonds would have open back settings, to allow for better "fire" and sparkle.

Dec 19, 2010
Grove City ,Ohio
I'm not real familar with your tector,but the vdi would say it's not gold,but hard to tell from the pics,may be plated,just have it tested and put that puppy to rest...I hope it is real for you,but anytimethe stones are not clamped in and just glued in then they are fake,Sorry,Still a good find,keep the coil swinging,dave

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gemee said:
This is costume jewelry, and the stones are glued-in rhinestones. Diamonds would have open back settings, to allow for better "fire" and sparkle.

You need a new monitor, dude. Look at the picture with the dime for size relation.........you can see the "open back settings, to allow for better "fire" and sparkle." Look at the first two pics and you can the the "sets" holding the stones in place. I'm not saying it is real gold or real diamonds, but, I AM saying your reasons for being costume jewelry are painfully wrong.

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting