maybe this is the reason

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
has anyone thought that the reason for the long wait on the new tesoro detector is that a court battle is going on. that it's technology is being copied or tesoro copied another companies idea. this would explain the wait and the tight lip that tesoro has on it. something like that could be held up in the courts for years. just maybe they have it all ready to go by now. i mean surely a company would not announce something like a new product. then wait this long to put it out on the market. anyhow, just a thought.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one reason I hadn't thought of. Depending on the outcome, we may never know.
luvsdux

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already know the answer to this but I'm not sure if I am allowed to say. I talked to someone direct at Tesoro who explained the whole thing to me. Maybe if you call them they will tell you too.

OP
OP
J

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already know the answer to this but I'm not sure if I am allowed to say. I talked to someone direct at Tesoro who explained the whole thing to me. Maybe if you call them they will tell you too.

yeah, right. all the forums are filled with that. i know but cant say, have good knowledge of this is the reason, heard that is the reason. their going out of business, their so busy that the need to expand, their being bought by first texas. etc. and the people who have called get, going to be waiting longer. it is still in the works. who can you believe other than the company. of course the do not say anything. i like tesoro detectors and the service though. but they sure have dropped the ball on this new release thing and probably lost a lot of confidence with their company among some.

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you just call them and ask like I did. I don't have any interest in a possible new machine but I am buying a Tejon so I was fortunate to find out what is going on about the new model. Now maybe the info I got was just talk but it sounded pretty reasonable to me. I'm new to this company but with 3 phone calls and hours of talking to them about my best option for buying my 1st Tesoro I am very impressed with how much they care about their customers.

OP
OP
J

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why don't you just call them and ask like I did. I don't have any interest in a possible new machine but I am buying a Tejon so I was fortunate to find out what is going on about the new model. Now maybe the info I got was just talk but it sounded pretty reasonable to me. I'm new to this company but with 3 phone calls and hours of talking to them about my best option for buying my 1st Tesoro I am very impressed with how much they care about their customers.

yes, they do an outstanding job with customer service. like you, not interested in a new one anytime soon or ever. im happy with the vaquero. just kinda fun kicking ideas around about it. haha. good luck with the new tejon.

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I WON'T CALL THEM! That is a pathetic. They can shoot their mouth off almost two years ago asking us to help them name the machine and now I'm supposed to call them? What about a press release? What about a customer company liaison? If Tesoro can't do what every other company in America does which is issue a press release then they deserve the fallout they are getting. What is this some secret Mason thing? And I love how some people say they called them but are not sure if they can repeat it?! That's a bunch of Donkey doo-doo. What did you give them a non negotiable oral agreement over the phone. I'm sick of the Tesoro fan boys making excuses. If Tesoro won't come in here and tell us what is up then they deserve the spin mill we generate in here and other forums. With that being said here is my top 5 reasons the Cazador is held up.

They bit off more than they can chew.
Their engineers or lack of don't have a clue.
The sons don't have the stamina of their dad.
The design passed away with Jack.
They are in $$ trouble.
They are being sold to First Texas or Kellyco.

Ok that was 6 reasons. I'm so sick of the excuses. Yes their machines are great. But shame on them for leading us on for 2 years. It's not like they are making top secret weapons for a DARPA contract.
On a side note I don't mean to give any individual in here a hard time about the " why dont you call them" statement. I know some of you are new to Tesoro and in no way do I mean to rain on your parade. Those of you who have been around surely know what I am talking about in regards to being sick of the excuses. If you use a Tesoro feel confident in your outstanding machine. It is just can you imagine a big mainstream company teasing It's customers and then clamming up. No press releases, no YouTube statements. It's just silly and it reeks of a company that has a leader with strange priorities. The other big online forum I usually frequent is full of the same silliness.

Last edited:

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, look over there a squirrel!!!

Top Member Reactions