DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May's finds...so far

I haven't had time to post my finds of late so thought I'd catch up since I'm off work and not detecting today. (posting in between laundry loads)

The "hunted out" place Nana and I have been detecting had torn the wrap around porch off of the 1905 house so we thought we better get in there before they replaced it. Just knew we would find some old coins...but not the case.

IMG_0469.JPG

The next weekend while the hubby was having a hunting club meeting I took his truck and went shopping. I came back with a new DFX! I had to explain to the guys that the difference in my old detector and the DFX was like trying to deer hunt with a .22 and I needed the 30.06! This they understood.
Took that Mon. off and Nana and I hit a large park complex that had just had an antique car show that Sat. I thought it would be good practice with the DFX but some old wipper-snapper beat us to the recent finds. (he got there at 7am)

First DFX finds....not much to brag about...
5-7-07 First DFX Finds.JPG

Nana and I checked out another spot close to the "hunted out" place. Here are a few pics of some springs in the area and my finds.

IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG

Yes, that water is white. They are sulfer springs and it stinks to high heaven. The is a close up of water.

IMG_0520.JPG

and the finds...
keepers.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: May's finds...so far

Good mornin LisaBug! :) Great pictures!!! What is the token looking thing in the last pic!?

Have a great weekend! Think I'm headed for the pasture at the Blue barn.

Nana :)

OP
OP
DiggerBug

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mornin' girlie!

I found that under the house the other day. It's the lid from a shoe nail tin. Say's...6/8 Brass Shoe Nail - Rome Tack & Nail Co. - Rome, NY.
I tried to find some info on it for a time frame but only found another lid someone else had found.

Good luck at the pasture! Maybe thay have cut it by now.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HMMM...very cool! ;) Hope ya find more info on it. :)

Nana

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sounds like a great team to me. Wow that is a very beautiful place. Congrats on the finds I like them all.
Burdie

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, pictures and sites DB! You and Nana must have a great time together. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread