doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about where you hunt I think if I am not finding silver or gold jewerly I am changing my location

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about where you hunt I think if I am not finding silver or gold jewerly I am changing my location

I am quickly coming to realize that you are absolutely correctly. Case in point:

With high expeditations, yesterday morning I hunted the back and front yards of a long time friend, who lives about 22 miles in the country, in a house that was built in 1905. He and his wife have lived there for 45 years. I just knew I would find silver or goal.

To my surprise, I dug up only a couple pull tabs, drink tops, 2 rusted nails, and a piece of junk metal, probably off a lawn mower blade. My friend said it best. "You know Terry,
I don't believe we actually dropped many coins over the years." He is probably right, and also there were just not many people that hung around there, like at a park or a side walk in front of a house in town.

However, I got enough foil and tab hits, that I plan to go back again, but with a different mind set. Dig everything that hits hard, especially the foil. I also hope I have my small 5.75 coil back from Tesoro. I cut the cord with a box cutter by accident. I believe the small coil will work best. Maybe.....

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best place I have ever hunted mostly in an area for coins...back at my old home I grew up hitting it hard in my backyard. Filled up a large mason jar fully of copper and clad from that yard just with the 3" to 4" depth on my old Whites 4000 Di Series 3 8" coil, havn't been back there in a long long time, but wonder what I'd pick up in it only if my Dad would let me dig up his backyard...again. Can't believe how much was in that yard and likely still is today....where I am today maybe picked up a max of .50 not kidding absolute nothing where I live but it was build in 86 where my old house likely built in the late 50's I bet.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm taking my DeLeon woth me this weekend, to my brother's home in S.C. House was built 1948. I'm packing my ACE 200 too, for him to use. Gonna dig his yard up. Big yard.
I'm hoping he will find some good stuff, and want to buy my ACE. I won't hold my breath though. His joy is infectious, hospitality unbelievable, he'll probably get an early BD present.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking my DeLeon woth me this weekend, to my brother's home in S.C. House was built 1948. I'm packing my ACE 200 too, for him to use. Gonna dig his yard up. Big yard.
I'm hoping he will find some good stuff, and want to buy my ACE. I won't hold my breath though. His joy is infectious, hospitality unbelievable, he'll probably get an early BD present.

Well I started a coworker hunting with me and let him use my ace 350. After I got my compadre I never touched it. He loved it!! So I sold it to him with all the accessories, bag, covers, etc for $150. Figured it's better to be used then sit at home doing nothing.
He got a deal, I got a little cash. Everyone was happy

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let you in on a secret too, I will be out this year with my stepdad and lending him my ACE 300i if he enjoys it alot I hope to give him a BD gift as well and then turn around and purchase another Tesoro likely a Mojave as my go too.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with that. Show him the machine, see if he enjoys it, even let him try your Tesoro.
My buddy, like most people, are attracted like I was to the VDI scale and numbers (my 350 only had the blocks) so they think it gives them an edge.
I tried to show him how great the compadre was, but he like the digital thing.
So I made him the offer and it was a great offer and he took it.
I thought the same when I first bought mine.
Only to see the greatness of Tesoro and I never looked back.

Truth be told I still did buy and have the nokta and makro but they, to me, are for a different kind of hunting and they have their place as well.
They are great, but I love my Tesoros and that style.
Can't beat the performance for price of any of them

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread