Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Went out early for a couple hours today to MD the Dog Beach at Long Beach. Found my FIRST wallet just laying on top of the sand just as the sun was rising. It was almost dead center of the Dog Beach area. The wallet included two dollars in bills, SS Card, Debit Card, and photos/papers in it. The wallet was damp with morning dew, so it most likely was lost last night.

At 8AM the Lifeguard Truck came down the beach, I flagged him down, gave him the wallet, and he said that he will take care of finding the owner.

Also found two unmarked rings in the area around the dog beach

Thanks For Looking ... Enjoy the Hunt

Wallet.JPG P1030718.JPG P1030722.JPG

Upvote 11

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Rings... I must say Congrats for turning in the Wallet esp with the SS card in there. Lets just hope the lifeguard was as honest as you and did find the owner who was probably freaking out. HH and thanking you for keeping the hobby honest for the rest of us! :hello2:

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job!

i agree with beeps great job

Awesome Rings... I must say Congrats for turning in the Wallet esp with the SS card in there. Lets just hope the lifeguard was as honest as you and did find the owner who was probably freaking out. HH and thanking you for keeping the hobby honest for the rest of us! :hello2:

Thanks Guys ... I was hoping to find some contact information in the wallet. Enforcement will be able to track him down from the Debit Card

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, but I agree with Beeps, I will do my own research to find owners....only way I can be sure it is done like it should be and not a new case
of identity theft...I know cops I would not trust.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, but I agree with Beeps, I will do my own research to find owners....only way I can be sure it is done like it should be and not a new case
of identity theft...I know cops I would not trust.

Hi S IL TH'er ... I agree to do your own research on founds items. If I was at any other beach other then Long Beach, I would have. Long Beach Lifeguards and the Harbor Patrol are pretty much one of the same. They are more enforcement then just lifeguards.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get my vote for honest citizen, thanks. I just hope the lifeguard can rise to your high example. I love the two rings they look old style. Congrats all the way around!

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! It's great you found the wallet first and got it in GOOD hands. I am a copper and really love seeing the relief on folk's faces when I return something like that to them. I would be gullible to think there weren't bad cops out there but I feel confident you placed it in the right hands.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! It's great you found the wallet first and got it in GOOD hands. I am a copper and really love seeing the relief on folk's faces when I return something like that to them. I would be gullible to think there weren't bad cops out there but I feel confident you placed it in the right hands.

Thanks Blueblood ... Lifeguards find all kinds of stuff on the beach. Anything from Lost Kids to Drugs washing up on the beach, so I'm sure they can handle a wallet :)

Last edited:

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job!
In 1980, my family and I were vacationing in Colorado. I saw a wallet laying in the road just outside a small town. I stopped and picked it up. It had a lady's driver's license, cards, photos and $600.00 cash in it. Her address was in the small town, so we found her house but no one was home, we waited for about two hours and she hadn't returned. I rolled the wallet in a towel with a note of where we found it and my name & address and placed it inside the screen door of her front door.
About a week later when we returned home, there was a letter from her already there. She had stopped at a service station not far from where I found it. She had bought some items in the station and had laid the wallet on top of the car to open the car door. She had gone straight to her house and missed the wallet when she got home. She immediately backtracked everywhere she had been and upon remembering laying it on top of the car she had spent the next 3 hours going up and down the highway between there and her home trying to find it.
It was all the money that she had, her husband had passed away about a month before, he was a truck driver and through the years had found a number of wallets or personal items on the highways that he had returned. She said that when she got home and found the wallet in her door that she felt all of her husbands good deeds had been returned to her.
I have kept her letter all these years and it is one of my proudest possessions.
HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Thanks Again Guys ... I hit that same Dog Beach area again this morning looking for more rings ... nothing good today except COCO's nice high end dog tag. I thought is was silver at first, but only heavy stainless. I will call the phone number on the tag to see if they want it back.

P1030726.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread