Old settlers home site finds.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been meaning to post my finds from last weeks hunt. The spot was the site of a very early settlers home. At least for my area! Early 1800's to about 1920's from what my research tells me. No modern trash, almost zero aluminum, which is nice!:icon_thumright: I already posted the 1837 bust dime and the silver spoon. One thing I need to do is post photos of everything I find on these older sites. I keep seeing other post on here asking what is this and Im sitting here thinking " hay I found one of those and thought that was junk!!" DSC00737.JPG One thing I thought was interesting was the hammer head and the object above it that looks like a small pick or axe?. Both are small only about 3" long x 1" wide. I thought it was a part of a horse shoe but looking closer it looks like a small axe. Just wanted to see what others think. DSC00738.JPG DSC00739.JPG DSC00740.JPG DSC00741.JPG

Upvote 4

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was a small hatchet a type of axe.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting tools! Congrats on the old location minus modern trash!

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it might be a lathing axe a-kin to todays drywall hammer, although it seems a bit small.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread