MDing can be expensive

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
use your insurance check to buy a cheaper truck and upgrade your detector or pinpointer :-)

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
In the state I lived in most of my life, the car owner does not get the deer. LE takes it to the county home, or similar place for disposal.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cdv1 said:
Never did get to the beach today. Took out a 10 point on the way to the lake and am sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I think its totaled. Be careful out there.
Cliff

Thank God you are OK Cliff! A good friend of mine was killed in a similar accident because the buck came through the windshield. It's the season folks. Be careful out there, as there are 500,000 deer strikes every year! :dontknow:

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I came out of this ok. I am just lucky that the deer didn't come through the windshield. Just got off the phone with the adjuster and it was totalled and the check will payoff the loan so, its car shopping this week after work and this weekend.

I could have taken the deer but decided not to do that, didn't need the extra stuff to take care of such as field dressing the deer with a small pocket knife and trying to get it done before the tow truck came. Then the extra $100 for processing.....

Terry, I think the Sand Shark took a harder blow in the wreck than my love taps the other day! LOL Never did get to try it out in the sand that day, bummer.

Thanks for comments all....... Like Terry said, watch out for those deer. This is my forth with a vehicle so far in my lifetime.

Cliff

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
cdv1 said:
Never did get to the beach today. Took out a 10 point on the way to the lake and am sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. I think its totaled. Be careful out there.
Cliff

I'm very glad to hear that the only thing totaled was your ride :icon_thumright:

I don't know which part of Ohio you live in, but I live in SE Ohio and the deer are moving a lot. One went through a school bus window the other morn; no kids on yet. Last night one of our deputy sherffs hit a buck on 146. He was moving on the way to a standoff scene. Plus, it was rainy & stormy. He was shook up but not seriously hurt.

Some folks drive the speed limit or higher thinking that they'll never hit a deer. But, in Ohio, odds are high that sometime in ones life there's going to be a meeting. I work for my bros ins, agency and I always caution our clients to keep comp at all times, especially this time of year.
HH- Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions