MDing in Nicaragua

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry no. Are you headed there?

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the embassy web site. If nothing, write them.
The biggest threat may not be the government but thieves, criminals, and depending on location, the locals.
Unless a tourist area, make sure you talk with the locals or know the social/politiacal climate where you intend to detect.
This is true of all the latino countries I have been in. Great people, great food, beautiful countries......but if you are not careful, you will end up a victim.
This varies greatly according to the area.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking to go to Little Corn Island the first week of July. Very remote. No electricity (generators) but crystal clear waters and lots of diving. Cheap. https://www.google.com/search?q=lit...778,d.eWU&fp=95773ac5c97b3cbc&biw=768&bih=901

lot of pirate history there.

Wow, looks gorgeous! I would take the detector and then ask the hotel staff when you get there. If it's a remote Island, you probably don't have to worry about the police. Or, try calling the hotel ahead of time.

OP
OP
diverlynn

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
If I am not mistaken they just acquired their first police station. Very remote, 50 miles off of the coast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread